Rockwell Automation is looking for a talented Component Engineer with electronics design experience or component engineering experience to join team. You will join a diverse, global engineering team and be responsible for guiding the hardware development teams on component selection for Rockwell products.
In this role you will:
- You will be a part of newly created team in Poland
- You will play a key role in multiple phases of product development by providing guidance on proper component selection and risk mitigation.
- You will acta as the liaison between the supported businesses and the global commodity owners within Component Engineering.
- You will work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, electrical)c located in multiple locations globally. You will work closely with Rockwell’s Strategic Sourcing Organization (SSO) as well as Quality.
- You will work with the Hardware Development and Continuation teams to educate and train them on best practices for component selection as well as advise on Component Engineering processes.
- The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for solving problems and producing results.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop both technical and leadership skills and experience by take on increasing scope and responsibility.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of hardware design or component engineering experience. Level 2 (1-3 for Level 1)
- Demonstrated knowledge of various electronic commodities including passives, integrated circuits, and power electroincs.
- Excellent communication skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English on at least B2 level
- Comfortable to reading, writing, and speaking with people at all levels.
- Ability to travel internationally (no more than 10% per year).
- Understanding of component lifecycles and obsolescence mitigation.
- Experience with SAP and or Windchill PLM systems. Familiar with Silicon Expert or other 3rd party lifecycle management tools.
- Experience with component derating.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking