As a Mobile Engineer (iOS) in the Merchant Bank tribe, you’ll play a key part in helping us build SumUp's own digital bank. You’ll be part of a local, autonomous and cross-functional team that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution.
Sitting within the Merchant Bank Tribe, the Engagement value stream addresses how we can build solutions to simplify financial processes for small businesses operations. You’ll help us define ways to incentivize the customer to use the product and maximize the value the customer gets out of these operations.
As a Mobile Engineer, you'll be responsible for building reliable, secure and easy-to-use features inside our mobile app that’s exposed to millions of users across the globe. You’ll empower customers with smooth, effortless and engaging banking experience.
- Work alongside our mobile engineering team, consisting of both iOS and Android developers along with the backend specialists.
- Build our banking mobile app to help provide banking operations for our merchants across Europe.
- Dive into the code and learn how to create clean components in our codebase, develop and refine features and how we write tests and keep performance tip-top.
- Develop major features that impact our merchant base.
- Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful.
- Help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
- Develop a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain as well as its implications in the interface and the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way.
Who we're looking for?
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You're comfortable with Swift programming and the iOS ecosystem and have 4+ years of development experience.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You have experience with Cocoapods dependency management in iOS apps
- You know what to test and why to test it.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You know what MVP and MVVM are.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis.
- You have great English communication skills.
- Healthcare package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages