Senior Java (API) Developer (banking)
You will be working on software projects utilizing containers to deploy highly available applications.
We are looking for a Senior Java (API) Developer who will join our new team in Poland. Our client from Sweden is building a new banking platform free from legacy constraints. New capabilities will be introduced in microservice architecture in a decoupled manner with the aim of a plug and play approach (minimal/no integration effort).
You will be working on software projects utilizing containers to deploy highly available applications. You will join a team responsible for ensuring and enabling highly available and high-performance inter-service communication for both synchronous and asynchronous communication. The team heavily uses hosted services from AWS such as EKS and API Gateway and hosts a Kafka distributed streaming platform in the cloud.
In our projects you will:
- Develop and manage the products & services according to AWS well architected framework & internal processes;
- Write Kafka microservices application’s in Spring boot as well as standalone Java applications which interact with Kafka cluster and perform administration activity on Kafka Cluster;
- Work with DR and Backup strategies & implementation for the different products and services;
- Develop and deploy cloud-native applications, monitor and support a Kubernetes environment, in particular ones that enable inter-service communication for a microservice-based architecture (synchronous and asynchronous communication patterns);
- Security is taken seriously since it’s a bank and should always be in focus & prior.
- Work with APIs and API Gateway product (preferably from AWS or Kong);
- Design (low level) and implement gateway policies – e.g. for exposing APIs, automation of API ecosystem.
Who we're looking for?
You might be the perfect match if you are/have:
- Advanced knowledge of the implementation of API service architectures (SOAP, REST) with one of the market-leading API management tools such as AWS API Gateway and/or Kong and/or WSO2 and/or Apigee, etc.,
- Experience with Kubernetes (self-managed or as a managed service from different cloud providers).
- Experience with monitoring tools like ELK/Prometheus/Grafana preferred
- Extensive experience in Java, RESTful micro services using Spring Boot.
- Solid experience in development, administration and support of stream processing solutions using Kafka
- General cloud architecture experience with AWS;
- Experience with Docker and Linux containers in general.
- Experience with Terraform and bash scripting skills
- SRE experience for a mid-large system at least.
- Strong Knowledge of SOAP, REST, JMS architecture Concepts and PUB/SUB Pattern.
Moreover, we appreciate skills in these areas:
- General DevOps Experience a plus
- A Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) is a plus
- CloudFormation service for infra as a code
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages