Logistics - Systems Business Analyst
To understand business requirements and processes and identify business technology and/or process opportunities in the domain of Logistics, working with business and IDT managers to develop, implement and maintain solutions which deliver business value within agreed timelines and budget.
- Fully understand Supply Network Operations (SNO) strategy, expected outcome, deliverables and value that needs to be generated from Technology;
- Work with the Operations IDT Manager for SNO (line manager) to shape the future technology and solution roadmap for Logistics, identifying future potential projects that will drive business value
- Establish the contribution that technology can make to business objectives using a range of techniques such as eliciting and documenting requirements with stakeholders, conducting feasibility studies, producing business models, preparing business cases, usability requirements analysis and usability evaluation
- Support the Logistics team through facilitation: identify and obtain agreement on new technology requirements / features which will be most beneficial to the business
- Support the business to translate business requirements into technology requirements and recommended projects, considering existing available solutions, the future technology roadmap and your knowledge of external vendors’ capabilities
- Work with project teams and Architecture teams to articulate the IDT architecture and integration implications of new technology projects
- Support IDT procurement to evaluate the capabilities of external vendors and system integrators to support our transformation initiatives
- Support the evaluation and assessment of the degree of conformance that new solutions have on existing IDT policies and rules
- Global IDT – SNO & Procurement / Business reps – collaborate to shape the roadmap of technology and solution improvements
- 3 x Planning hubs and in-market Logistics teams – work closely to develop business requirements and oversee implementation of solutions
- Enterprise Architects – understand overall enterprise architecture and collaborate to ensure conformance of new initiatives to the architecture.
- Solution Architects – collaborate on the selection and development of solutions ensuring functional and technical fit
- Solution CoEs (i.e. Kinaxis, SAP) – collaborate with CoE teams to ensure continuous improvements to solutions can be managed and deployed effectively
- IDT Services – collaborate with our services organisation to identify how new initiatives and solutions should best be supported beyond implementation in BAU
- Project Managers – contribute to project plans and ensure deliverables are produced to time, cost & quality.
- 3rd party logistics providers – identifying potential changes to IT integration and ways of working as a result of new initiatives
- 3rd Party Vendors – non-commercial supplier relationships focussed on operational / project activities Drive integration through effective cross-functional teamwork and cooperation, including 3rd parties
Who we're looking for?
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree Educated, with 5-10 years post graduate work experience working with Logistics solutions, preferably in a business facing IDT role
- Deep understanding of Logistics processes and practical experience of improvement of these processes leveraging technology
- Experience in our Logistics solutions is highly desirable: Transport Management Solutions (TMS), Warehouse Management, Network Optimisation packages, Executional systems for logistics execution; and in general experience in deploying cloud-based Logistics solutions
- Experience and awareness of the typical requirements for solution integration, data management and
- Strong awareness of the solutions and vendors available in the market place for Logistics
- Experience in large global organisations using in-sourced and out-sourced IDT service providers
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to plan own work to meet overall goals and objectives
- Strong facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective communication and relationship management - experience working with business stakeholders across various business functions
- Robust team work demonstrated both within and outside the IDT function - Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary matrix teams, with internal and external participants
- Awareness and understanding of Lean-Agile project management and solution development methodologies and frameworks e.g. Dev Ops and SAFe.
- Commercial skills (understand and consider financial implications of proposals)
- An ideal candidate from a non-BAT background will take 3-6 months to learn BAT processes and governance before being fully productive.
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages