We are seeking technical support engineers for a range of flexible shifts. You’re familiar with a tech support environment – responding to tickets via a ticket system, taking phone calls via a tech support queue and escalating to senior engineers. A strong drive to learn more about Linux, and light familiarity with the Linux command line is a plus.
As an entry level position, you may have just helped friends and family with their blog or photo gallery. Are you the person everyone calls when their PC breaks or to help fix their website? This may be the ideal role for you.
As a technical support engineer, you’ll need to be familiar with various web hosting control panels – Web Host Manager, cPanel, DirectAdmin, etc. either from a customer (end user) perspective or as an administrator.You’ll be familiar with installing, configuring and troubleshooting common web applications based on the LAMP stack like WordPress, Joomla, and Magento, and you’ll be comfortable working with and understanding customer requirements and issues.
Who we're looking for?
- A passion for providing first class technical support
- Strong knowledge in web hosting technologies, especially DNS and email
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command line
- Working knowledge of cPanel and Web Host Manager
- Some experience with scripting – HTML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, CGI, etc.
- Skills in setting up FTP and email clients
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience maintaining a website or blog
- Operating Linux on a home machine (Ubuntu, Suse, Gentoo, etc)
- Working knowledge of executing programs within the command line
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP) stack
- Skills in setting up FTP and Email clients
- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal knowledge
- Help Desk or Call Center Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of Linux/*nix/BSD system troubleshooting or a related certification (RHCE)
- One year of web hosting industry experience or other related work preferred