IT Service Analyst
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB – why does the job exist
The IT Service Analyst provides exceptional 1st and 2nd line service support and customer service to the first direct business. Responsible for undertaking a range of activities to assist in the effective and efficient delivery of IT services, the IT Service Analyst will have a broad understanding of supporting technologies and Service Management disciplines, the ability to build strong and effective work relationships across a range of internal and external stakeholders and business representatives, and have the ability to manage conflicting demands and tensions during high pressure situations.
- To support 1st and 2nd line technical support queries from first direct colleagues to minimise disruption to delivered services through resolution or workaround.
- To take ownership of user incidents, perform a technical diagnosis and fix the issue or work effectively and productively with resolver groups.
- To work within defined SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s).
- To ensure the correct use of call logging system to ensure the ability to undertake trend analysis.
- To ensure the ongoing maintenance, management and utilisation of AppD, Patrol and Splunk event management and monitoring systems to ensure pro-active response to potential disruption.
- To lead on Major Incident Management engagement with the HSBC Command Centre Operations on behalf of first direct, with support from shift managers and escalation managers.
- To contribute to the formulation of Management Information on Incident handling and customer experience.
- To foster an environment of continual service improvement across the Incident Management team and responsibilities.
- To work professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- To ensure appropriate adherence to agreed processes.
Who we're looking for?
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of working within an ITIL based Service Management environment.
- Experience of working within a large scale IT Service Delivery environment.
- Ability to quickly understand complex service architecture and inter-dependencies.
- Ability to quickly understand the first direct business systems to be supported and the value streams underpinned by these.
- Aptitude to understand new technologies with a view to providing support to the first direct business using those technologies.
- Ability to provide support to services delivered across a broad range of technologies including:
- Network infrastructures
- Database, Application and Network layers
- zSeries Mainframe
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Others as defined
RELATING TO PEOPLE
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Good interpersonal skills and an effective communicator.
- Capable of representing first direct.
- Customer centric approach.
COMPETENCIES / CAPABILITIES
- Proven ability in risk management and pragmatic problem solving.
- Proven ability in data analysis to support decision making.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues and sensitive information to business representatives, senior stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Ability to react quickly and effectively to unexpected service issues and maintain composure and professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively, managing several open Incidents/Problems and mini projects simultaneously.
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking