- Following roadmap of updates/upgrades of the products in a timely manner
- Releasing updates/upgrades according to the customer defined process
- Documenting changes and provide documentation required within a process
- Overseeing the process and escalating issues in a timely and constructive manner
- Testing Developer tools before making releases (including UAT)
- Adjusting configuration, prepareing and submitting deployment packages of Developer tools.
- Communication of the process according to the requirements of procedures
- Additional tasks related to a process of releaseing updates/upgrades or their support.
Our role is to provide all the tools needed within company to enable other IT departments to do their core business - the development and lifecycle management of software (Demand- & Portfolio Management, Project Management, Analysis and Design, Implementation, Testing and others). We support and enable the developer teams by providing global solutions and services.
As an Application Integrator you will mainly integrate external software (COTS) from vendors and performing software integration tasks starting from the prove of concept, via our test environments up into production.
As a technology expert you will be responsible for providing application integration services for our tooling landscape.
During these phases you will work closely together with your colleagues in the team, Delivery Management, worldwide distributed production and 2nd level support, as well as (mostly Swiss based) product owners.
As a methodology we apply Rational Unified Process (RUP) by IBM and Agile/ Scrum.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience with Windows based IDEs (Integrated development Environment) like Eclipse, TOAD, UltraEdit, etc
- General understanding of Java build process (no framework or language knowledge is required, but an understanding of how IDEs use java tools to create software). Similar to SQL based tools.
- >4 years of total IT experience, preferable as integrator/DevOps
- Scripting Skills with Windows (command line scripting batch and PowerShell). Creating scripts from scratch as well as correcting existing scripts.
- Understanding of Windows Registry
- General understanding of Windows packaging (such as MSI) process and required prerequisites to successfully execute it.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
- an good communicator
- customer orientated and focused on service quality
- always professional (but you have the human touch)
- a multitasker, well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same
- speaking fluent English
- Certification as IT Administrator
- Deep knowledge of MSI (Microsoft Software Installer) packaging
- Multiyear experience for the required skills is a plus