Senior Firmware Security Engineer
As a Senior Firmware Security Engineer you are on the fore front of a new wave of technology within Industrial Automation. Cyber Security for Embedded Devices / Industrial Components is the core focus of our newly formed Advanced Engineering Organization with the responsibility to Infuse Product Security technology within Industrial Components..
CHALLENGES WAITING FOR YOU
- Collaborate with our Product Engineering and Marketing teams on technical security concepts for products.
- Coordinate with Firmware Engineering teams on security requirements within products influencing aspects such as component selection relating to secure boot and roots of trust designs.
- Support Architect, lead security designs and develop, and maintain security features within firmware / software in Industrial Component products
- Collaborate with System Architects across product teams to continually improve our security design, development, and deployment processes.
- Coordinate internal & external security specifications compliance within product portfolio.
- Be part of an internal cyber security audit team to comply with the internal and external standards.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Post-graduate work in an applicable technical or managerial field is desirable.
- 5+ years of Embedded Product development teams responsible for delivering production quality firmware
- Have expert knowledge of embedded systems development concepts, including cross-platform development and build tools, bootloaders, kernel configuration, device drivers
- Know common bus protocols like I2C, SPI, and IPC.
- Comfortable using network protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, hardware debuggers, and source-level debuggers to troubleshoot problems at all layers of the stack.
- Have experience reading schematics and data sheets.
- Knowledge of Industrial Components, energy metering, power control, industrial communication protocols, and Rockwell Automation PLC’s is desired.
- Knowledge of IEC 62443.
- CISSP certified or similar.
- Experience with CAN, CAN Analyzers, CIP protocol, CAN-Open protocol and/or RS485
- Experienced with simple peripherals such as A/D, D/A, & general purpose IO
- Experienced with Communication protocols, such as IO Link, EtherNet/IP and wireless (Bluetooth)
- Experience writing device drivers.
- Experience with Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), Secure Boot, and cryptography fundamentals.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Security Firmware Design, V-model practices or similar.
- Have familiar with evaluating security threats in Embedded Devices.
- Eager to hook up a logic analyzer to investigate issues with the boot chain.
- Delighted to break things in order to uncover security vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to partner across discipline, team, business, and organizational boundaries to resolve technical cyber security challenges
- Knowledge of secure coding & testing practices
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking