Looking for new Android challenges, a fresh tech-stack, and global clients to work with? Join AppUnite, a software house based in Poznań, Poland, that caters tech solutions to clients all over the US, Europe, and Asia since 2010.
We are looking for mature yet quick to learn Android developers to extend our team of 100+ people.
Working at AppUnite you will:
- Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
- Communicate with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and other team members to ship new features.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build a functional, high-performance Android phone, and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new applications.
- Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
- Follow best practices for writing, reviewing, and deploying good code:
- We use JIRA/ClickUp for tasks management,
- Code is linted with ktlint,
- Any changes to the code are submitted via PRs,
- Each PR has to be reviewed by at least one other developer,
- We write both unit & UI tests,
- We have CI set up, that runs lint, unit, and UI tests for each commit, and deploys the application to Crashlytics automatically,
- We do pair programming / cross-projects review from time to time,
- Designs are well prepared beforehand by professional designers and exported to Zeplin / Sketch,
- Business functionalities are tested by our own QAs.
Who we're looking for?
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in mobile apps development,
- Knowledge of Android SDK, Android Studio, Kotlin, and Material Design,
- Experience with JSON based REST APIs, CLIs, CI/CD,
- Experience with commonly used external libraries like OkHttp, Retrofit, Glide,
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love technical challenges,
- Engineering in Computer Science or related field (nice to have),
- It would be a big plus if you had good knowledge of RxJava and Dagger,
- Experience with writing unit and UI tests for mobile apps,
- Communicative English skills.
- Remote or on-site work
- Big comfortable office in the heart of Poznań.
- Freedom to co-organize any internal or public AppUnite events, like boarding game/poker meetups, afterparty events.
- Co-financed conferences attendance.
- MacBook and a shiny monitor.
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite.
- Private Medical Care.
- Private Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages