The Senior Platform Engineer position within P&G Digital Marketing IT team is responsible for developing services & applications within the P&G Digital Ecosystem. The role involves definition, design & development of Cloud-native services & applications fitting into overarching Service-Enabled Architecture. The position requires a validated background in Cloud technologies (GCP preferred) and good command of Java, Python and both SQL and no-SQL databases.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Translate business requirements into service / application design
- Define, develop and own services & applications within Service Oriented Architecture in a timely and bug-free manner
- Use and participate in definition of reusable components, frameworks, common schemas, standards & tools
- Provide expertise, input and troubleshooting support as one of the experts on the platform
- Collaborate with Architecture team to make right technology choices & perform feasibility evaluation
- Help PM in identifying key technical risks and mitigation plans, effort estimation and planning
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous mentoring, you will work with hardworking people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Industry Certifications (ITIL, DevOps, MS portfolio etc), full additional benefit program like private health care, P&G Dynamic Living programs like sport cards, in-office fitness center, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy, regular salary increases and possible promotions, flexible work arrangements, mentoring programs & trainings.
- Big Picture understanding of P&G IT and Product Supply organization and its Services in global multi-functional teams with several locations across continents.
Who we're looking for?
Apply if you have:
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting database and analytics platforms
- Good technical skills and expertise in development and software engineering (Java, SQL, Python, APIs, Cloud Services GCP, Azure, AWS, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Experience on breaking down requirements and finding solutions to sophisticated problems
- Able to explain technical details and at the same time getting deep into
- Teammate with various roles and backgrounds (business owners, product managers, architects, software developers, data engineers, etc.)
- Experience in CI/CD and product management frameworks (GitHub, JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- English proficiency and at least a Bachelor's degree in CS, IT, EE or similar field