Boclips is a team of 32 across the world with 13 team members in our product, data and engineering team in London and Warsaw. We leverage state of the art technologies to deliver our solutions. Frontend components use React and Redux on top of TypeScript, backends are JVM based with Spring Boot powered by Kotlin. Concourse CI automatically tests and packages all services into Docker containers, which get deployed on a cloud Kubernetes cluster in the end.
It’s a big plus if you’ve worked with any of the above, but we don’t expect you to know them all, or in fact even most of them. As long as you have a well-rounded understanding of how modern web applications operate, using pair programming we’ll get you up and running in no time.
You’ll be part of an experienced, disciplined and most of all fun team who care about people and care about solving problems.
- You’ll work in a fullstack manner on features crucial to scaling our business out. The EdTech community is on the rise and one of our most pressing concerns is designing seamless ways of integrating with other platforms. It’s key to extending our end-customer reach.
- Another challenge will be in optimising our internal workflows. Many areas of content acquisition and delivery can be automated and made more friendly for our asset ingest and delivery teams. This includes, apart from doing the engineering itself, talking to the teams and our designers in order to pinpoint requirements for essential improvements.
- Last, but definitely not least, is a challenge of tying those ends together and turning them into a single platform that automates, enhances and provides actionable data insights on user workflows — for us and our customers alike.
How do we work?
- We are an agile team. We do daily stand ups, retrospectives and IPMs.
- We pair program a lot to share context, learn from each other and solve problems more quickly.
- We value simplicity. This means we deliver continuously, which allows us to work in short cycles and ship code frequently.
- We test. Following the red/green refactor cycle of TDD is enjoyable and helps to keep everything in perspective. It helps us as engineers, to think through a problem, detailing required functionality through tests.
Who we're looking for?
You don’t need to know our stack (Kotlin, Java, Spring, TypeScript, React, Kubernetes). We care more about who you are and your potential than the skills you have today. This means we will ramp you up on anything needed to succeed. Prepare to learn fast, though. And yes, we do use Kotlin on the backend and it’s been a blast so far!
What about you?
- You can communicate clearly to all audiences, including non-technical team members and external partners
- You advocate for writing high-quality code and leaving things in a better state than you found them.
- You’re a well-rounded software engineer who likes to understand the business context and anything else that might impact the product.
- You have reached a good level of software craftsmanship, preferably fullstack.
- You love to learn. It’s important to you to be continually growing professionally and personally.
- You are humble and kind, even when you disagree.
- You know that loving your work and having fun doing it together is a major driver of top-performing teams.
- Healthcare package
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages