Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the fastest growing, and most widely used Linux distribution to date. The project’s aim is to reduce barriers to innovation globally by providing free access to an open technology platform.
The Solutions QA team at Canonical is responsible for the integration testing of the Ubuntu-based cloud products produced by Canonical. These products are used to deploy cloud infrastructure across all major clouds (public and private). The Solutions QA team develops and executes tools for deploying and testing these products, both internally and externally to Canonical. The team tests Canonical’s cloud products with a specific focus on the real world use cases of customers. Testing includes product integrations, deployment environments, and end-to-end workloads.
As a Software Engineer in Solutions QA you will have the opportunity to develop automation for deploying and testing Canonical’s cloud products. Additionally, you will develop new tests, testing strategies, and process improvements that directly impact the success of Canonical’s enterprise cloud deployments. Finally, you will maintain the infrastructure that continuously executes and reports on these tests.
- Collaborate proactively with a globally distributed team
- Develop, deploy, manage, and debug highly distributed systems
- Develop and implement automated test suites/CI infrastructure
- Develop re-usable tools for deploying Canonical’s cloud products
- Execute, monitor, and report on existing testing efforts
- Create new testing infrastructure, process and strategies
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience
- Solid background in modern QA process and strategies
- Solid understanding of Linux system architecture
- Professional experience in Python
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of networking technologies and fundamentals
- Experience with cloud typologies and technologies
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, both written and verbal
- 2-4 weeks of travel per year, including international travel