Hoist Finance is a trusted debt restructuring partner to international banks. In plain language this means that we purchase consumer bank loans that are not being repaid. In doing so, we free up resources and reduce risk for our partners, the banks, contributing to a stable financial system. We also support our customers, the debtors, in becoming debt-free through what we call amicable settlements. Our aim is to find a realistic payment plan in an open and respectful dialogue with the customer, so they can get back on their feet with dignity.
Hoist Finance employees are driven by a common purpose, to develop and foster long-term relationships built on mutual trust. With high ethical standards, compliance with the financial regulatory framework, and behaviour based on transparency and respect, we ensure that we earn the trust of our stakeholders every day.
If these are things that make your heart beat a little faster, then maybe Hoist Finance is the place for you.
- Development of statistical models, (predictive and descriptive) using internal and external data to support customer contact activity and collections strategy decision.
- Development of Modelling infrastructure; which includes modelling datasets, model scoring and model monitoring
- Analyse data to produce, evaluate, interpret and analyse a range of statistical and written information in order to support recommendations that will have a positive impact on policy and strategy
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders to gather and build modelling requirements and to build confidence and trust in model solutions
- Provide strategic and analytical support before, during and after model implementation
- Support the identification of value adding opportunities, through proactive analytics into any variances in performance and identify underlying causes.
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Data Science Role.
- Proficient in developing models using techniques such as Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, CHAID, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Cluster Analysis, Discriminant Analysis, Bayesian Algorithms, Neural Networks, SVM, MARS.
- Experienced in the use of Business Intelligence, Analytical and Statistical packages (e.g. SQL, SAS, R-Studio, Python, Azure ML)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills. For analysts based outside of the UK, ability to communicate in English to a high standard is essential
- Ability to present complex and detailed data in a simple to understand and innovative way
- A high level of customer focus with a proven record of delivering high standards of customer/seller service and experience
- Ability to work independently, pro-actively, multi-task (organised) and deliver.
- Also able to work in teams, mediating between team members to diminish negative effects on team productivity and work environment
- Basic understanding of key commercial aspects of debt management
- Degree in a Mathematics/Statistics related subject
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages