Since the 2008 financial crisis, regulators around the globe have implemented regulation to prevent the risk of, and consequences from, the failure of systemically relevant financial institutions. A key component of these regulations is the requirement for banks to prepare and implement Recovery and Resolution Plans (RRP), which outline how the bank would regain viability if under severe financial stress and the steps regulators, both local and home country, could take if needed to resolve the institution with minimal impact to the financial stability of the economy.
The bank submits an annual Global Recovery and Resolution Plan focused on recovery and resolution options that would be implemented in various stress scenarios, demonstrating the orderly wind-down of operations while ensuring the continuation of critical functions throughout the bankruptcy. In addition, Credit Suisse submits, on a regional basis, a number of Recovery & Resolution Plans to local supervisory authorities. This role is for an IT Business Analyst working on a critical project for enabling the bank to comply with critical FINMA and local regulatory requirements.
This role will be based in Wroclaw. The role requires close collaboration with a diverse global team based in multiple locations and offers excellent opportunities to learn, implement and enhance IT project delivery practices in a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will be working on the application Wind down/Styx that allow business users to wind down their portfolios in case of a crisis. They will be also expected to participate in testing, so UI testing knowledge or database performance testing will be a major plus (the team uses Selenium).
The role will be part of a growing team of 6 people in Wroclaw consisting of Big Data Python/Spark developers, DevOps experts and Cloud engineers. Key business and IT stakeholders are based in London and US.
People based in Poland work closely with colleagues in London, the USA, Switzerland and Singapore.
We work from home due to Pandemic. We support each other to extend business and IT skills. Domain-specific training will be offered by the CS team.
Flexible work schedule - due to the need to overlap with Americas the successful candidate will be sometimes be asked to start a bit later and, consequently, finish a bit earlier
- Lead multiple analysis streams by interfacing with the business and IT stakeholders, driving requirement elicitation, analysis and prioritization, providing regular status updates to the stakeholders, and taking responsibility for Business Analysis related artifacts.
- Assess the impacts to upstream and downstream partners and communication of change with impacted stakeholders.
- Develop functional specifications and interface specifications for client engagements
- Analyze business processes and prepare recommendations related to proposed solution in Agile environment
- Ensure full traceability of the requirements, from the business requirements, to code and test coverage
- Develop data mappings, investigate data quality issues
- Assess user requirements for validity and feasibility on regular basis to ensure clear understanding and accurate translation into technical specifications. Provide technical alternatives to deliver business requests with high quality solutions.
- Communicate needed changes to development team and drive development efforts and prioritisation; provide level of assurance for delivery
- Work with QA team on test plan reviews and assist in QA testing process with requirements clarifications and questions.
- Provide Level 3 guidance and direction to support team in resolution of escalated production / application issues.
- Facilitate communication between business change, analysis, development and testing teams.
Who we're looking for?
- Solid analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Very good interpersonal skills to be able to cooperate with distributed teams in multicultural environment.
- Experience creating functional specifications (User Stories, Use Cases), interface specification documents and attribute mapping documents.
- Experience with data intensive solutions - analyzing and designing data: flows / transformations / calculations.
- Modelling skills (UML, BPMN)
- Basic SQL skills with ability to extract and analyze large volumes of data
- Proficiency with Excel
- Understanding Agile methodologies
- Background in finance, banking sector and regulatory reporting
- Understanding of finance and risk management functions and required IT support such as business systems design, work flow analysis, and process re-engineering Understanding approaches such as BDD and TDD
- Knowledge of tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of automated testing framework and tools.
- Knowledge of modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect or similar
- Knowledge of Big Data and Cloud Concepts
- Familiarity with IT project management processes and software development lifecycle.
- Teamwork & good communication skills. Proven ability to interact with senior stakeholders