One of our most top clients is expanding its Functions & Risks IT team in 2020 to help support a number of major new initiatives in 2020.
For that, we are looking for Senior Python developers for their Market Risk unit in a new upcoming team located in Warsaw, working in collaboration with internal teams around the globe (London, Singapore and India).
The project will allow to contribute to the creation of a strategic platform for the bank business and regulatory compliance, in replacement of their legacy platform, using a completely new approach and stack of technologies
The candidate will be pragmatic, with a delivery focussed mindset and a desire to deliver constant business value through the effective use of Technology with a proven background in delivering high quality software.
In addition, the candidates will work closely with business stakeholders to deliver to exacting requirements working in a dynamic global team across multiple locations.
Who we're looking for?
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Sound and Demonstrable knowledge of OO Programming and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Domain-Driven Design and Microservice Architecture
- Knowledge of PL/SQL and preferably PostgreSQL database
- Knowledge of Shell scripting, and working in a UNIX environment
- Experience of working in multi-tier and hybrid architecture
o Strong knowledge in Core Python development and libraries
o Good experience in developing, implementing and managing data-driven Python applications
o Experience in developing end-to-end data pipelines
o Hands on experience in using Python Pandas and Numpy libraries
o Should write, debug, and maintain well-informed, well documented Python codeNICE TO HAVE
- Python certification preferred but not essential
- Core Java Skills, JDK8/11, Collections, Threading, JDBC
- Experience of Spring, Hibernate, Web Service, REST API, Microservices
- Knowledge of Security Technologies e.g. AD/LDAP, OAuth2, SSO, Kerberos, Spring Security, HashiCorp Vault
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies e.g. AWS, Azure, Cloud Storage such as S3/HCP/Azure Storage
- Exposure to Messaging Technologies such as Kafka, RabbitQ, Spring Stream
- Ideally exposure to ActivePivot OLAP technology or Microsoft Analysis Service (SSAS), MDX/XMLA
- Working with Docker and Kubernetes, microservice patterns a plus
- Exposure to JIRA, GIT / Stash with a sound understanding of branching strategies such as Git Flow
- Exposure to Continuous Build and Deployment Solutions such as Jenkins / Puppet / Chef
- IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, PyCharm, Maven, SonarQube, Artifactory, Putty
Development Methodologies and Practices
- Worked within an agile environment using methodologies such as Scrum / KanBan / XP and Lean
- Demonstrable experience of unit testing, integration testing, end to end testing, with tools such as jUnit, AssertJ and Cucumber
- Demonstrable experience of performing code review and functional testing for functional and non-functional user stories
- Demonstrable experience of supporting QA team to do SIT and PT, and users to do UAT
- Able to make effective communications both internally and externally to solve problems