As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, automating and maintaining software to monitor complex scalable architectures, you will work in a fast-paced environment where your actions have impact. You will be working with highly skilled and engaged colleagues in an informal and dynamic setting. On top of that you will be in direct contact with product owners, analysts, data scientists, developers and stakeholders. You'll take part in designing and implementing our next-gen network, infrastructure, platform and IT operations technology and methodology to power our next-gen Big Data products, to be deployed and operated across multi sites globally.
You are a natural hacker, scripter, coder with huge passion for getting things done, and automated... you're hands-on from tip to toe. You hold experience with open source platforms enabling you to drill into any new technology in no time, experienced with AWS and preferably also OpenStack and have previous experience with scaling data and analytics products. We need a DevOps person who is structural and pragmatic, but also forward-looking and highly motivated, to automate our Big Data Products' to infinite scale.
- Own automation of the infrastructure, and drive the development of new features
- Work on bringing engineering practices into infrastructure operations
- Develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world.
- Partnered alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of users all around the world
- Design, develop and maintain software to monitor and optimize our architecture;
- Develop interactive dashboards using the latest web technologies;
- Automate the process of getting data from different sources to compare with baselines and automatically act on breaches;
- Pro-actively think of new ways to measure our performance
- Constantly be on top of your game to increase performance of the team and our systems;
- Be challenged to handle our complex and large data sets;
- Setup, plan and maintain our cloud Azure infrastructure.
Who we're looking for?
- Engineering University Degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years previous DevOps / IT leadership experience
- Experience with Unix / Linux and network fundamentals
- Scripting and Programming skills
- Experience developing software implementing API functionality using REST, Thrift, JSON or similar
- Experience using configuration management software
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything!
- Experience with basic large-scale architectures
- A burning desire to "Move Fast and Be Bold"
- Experience in large scale, NFV, NFVIaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SDN, SDS - a plus!
- Experience with systems, IT operations and process re-engineering
- 5+ year experience with Azure cloud
- Strong knowledge of automation and open source tools
- Experience with R&D agile methodologies
- Perfect communication skills, Hands-on! Can Do approach!
- Proven hands on business intelligence development or data engineering experience;
- Extensive ETL experience;
- Solid experience with data modelling, data warehouse design and data lake concepts and practices;
- Exposure working in a Microsoft Azure Data Platform environment;
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Storage (Blob or Data Lake)
- Azure Functions
- SQL Azure DB
- SQL Azure DW
- Working on cloud-based big data solutions using Hadoop/Spark;
- SSAS cube development;
- Enterprise BI reporting - Power BI;
- Azure DevOps - CI/CD.