We’re looking for an experienced Python developer to join our Digital Technology Team and work on the technology that’s at the very core of what we do - the configuration of Tylko’s products. You will need to have an in-depth knowledge of data structures and Rest API as well as significant experience in building and optimising domain applications which are the backbone of our Designers tools. You will be responsible for increasing speed, scalability, and extensibility while working with rapidly changing codebases. You will also be closely involved with our parametric experts so a thorough understanding of algebra and geometric transformations is a must.
About the Digital Technology Team
Part of the Product Tribe, the Digital Technology Team is a cross-disciplinary group of specialists; ranging from developers (BE, FE, JS, TS dev) to parametric and designers. They are responsible for the user experience and effortless configuration of our products, which is at the very core of what Tylko stands for. As a member of this team, you will have exciting and ambitious challenges, but also the freedom to use any tools necessary to solve these challenges.
With over 40 highly-experienced experts, ranging from UX designers and developers to wood technologists and industrial designers, Product is our most diverse Tribe. Product is responsible for strategising the portfolio of Tylko products. This means they design, develop and test our physical products, as well as manage our digital platforms.
Join Tylko and…
- Be an integral part of the Tribe in which all our industry-changing tech solutions are designed and developed - from online product configurators and full production automatisation to internal parametric-driven design tools.
- Dig into some of the most innovative and challenging projects in the company - like the renderer, iOS app, and our internal parametric design tools.
- Focus on exploration and testing, as well as fast prototyping and rapid development - which means a lot of fun and creative thinking (but also the occasional fail or dead-end).
- Grow personally and professionally in a very friendly and respectful environment. You’ll devote at least 20% of your time to technical improvements (refreshing our legacy code), personal development and various bleeding-edge POCs (helping to manage the uncertainty of future projects and decisions).
- Work from wherever suits you best - either our comfortable HQ in Warsaw, or remotely (GMT+2 time zone).
- Be competitively remunerated – 10 000 - 20 000 PLN for B2B contract (other forms of employment are also possible).
- You’ll provide regular insights on and maintain our system architecture.
- You’ll be responsible for choosing the best possible path for system development.
- You’ll work on reviewing and improving the existing code.
- You’ll revitalise our codebase.
- You’ll be responsible for services integration.
- You’ll adhere to Python's best practices.
- You’ll be sharing knowledge and providing valuable feedback during code reviews.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in working with legacy systems.
- In-depth understanding of Django and Python.
- Experience in working with Django REST Framework, Pytest, Docker, PostgreSQL and Jenkins.
- Clean code enthusiast!
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Communicative level in Polish (at least B2).
Nice to have
- Ability to write clear documentation.
- Interest in GitHub CI/CD.
- Being a board game geek and a dad jokes lover is actually a must but we put it here as our HR team believes it’s not crucial (although we kinda think it is).
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking