Our DevOps team work to automate manual processes and enable our software development teams to work autonomously without increasing our risk profile. You will also be key to driving continuous improvement in our workflows. Shift-left, automation, and the development of self-service are the key to the success of this role.
The role will also see the implementation of new technologies within HL to help achieve these aims.
- Working autonomously to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Providing technical assistance to other teams within HL
- Designing future proof systems which help Increase efficiency within HL through automation and process improvement
- Creating and owning technical roadmaps
- Completing life cycle management of solutions throughout the change cycle
- Creating documentation standards to be adopted by the team
- Providing coaching to all members of the UNIX team to help further knowledge
- Communicating with all levels of the business to help present new ideas and provide recommendations for new technologies
- Building the required tooling to help deliver a DevOps based culture
Who we're looking for?
- Expert in Linux Administration (Centos or RedHat)
- Expert in DevOp methodologies and the tools which support them e.g. git, puppet. Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Technical design of infrastructure systems
- Extensive experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Experience of working in a zero downtime environment
- Ability to take technical lead on projects with multiple engineers assigned
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage your own workload
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Ability to prioritise tickets and projects.
- Good command of English
Nice to have:
- Red Hat certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Use of AWS or other relevant cloud platforms.
- Experience in programming and scripting skills (bash, python, puppet)
- Terraform/ Cloud Formation
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- PPE (4% employer contribution without any additional cost nor employee contributions required)
- Author’s rights (tax reliefs due to creative type of work)
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking