Our client is one of the leading providers of telecommunication services and technologies in the World. This new project will be an evolution of our existing product set to provide more features and automation infrastructure to satisfy the requirements for Tier 1 Telcos delivering SBC network element as part of VoIP networks solution.
As part of the team building SBC solution you will be responsible for the following:
- Estimating small pieces of new work (as part of Agile Dev team)
- Writing Low-Level Design, contributing into to High-Level too
- Developing maintainable software (main responsibility)
- Creating UT and FV test plans for that software and running through it, diagnosing and fixing the identified bugs
- Running more in-depth tests as needed in cooperation with QA engineers, building automated tests and stress test framework
- Document the product accordingly
Who we're looking for?
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in C
- Experience in writing modules design and specifications
- CI/CD best practices, Testing as part of Development mindset
- Deep understanding of Linux and networking (Low-level Linux networking stack, packaging system, Linux CLI and scripting, IPv4 & IPv6, iptables, network namespaces and socket programming.
- Previous background in communications software or high education in telecommunications. The following areas are particularly important: VoIP, SIP, DIAMETER, DNS
- Good written and spoken English
- Telco experience with VoIP, SIP, SDP and Offer / Answer model, IMS capabilities and flows, Advanced capabilities such as preconditions, early-media and forking, DIAMETER / DNS: including ENUM lookups, SRV & NAPTR
- Other languages, specifically Python, C++, Rust
- Achieving high-availability
- Orchestration and related automation best practice.
- Networking protocols: TLS, IPSec including usage in SIP IMS-AKA, RTP, SNMP, HTTP and REST APIs, H.248
- Understanding of scalability and performance best practices including high performance packet processing techniques such as DPDK.
- Experience with GitLab
- GNU C/C++ toolchain
- Virtualization and containerization, Azure Cloud