Principle duties and essential functions
Your main responsibility will be creating software components for ADVA OS system which is the common software platform for ADVA WDM and Ethernet Access devices. Mainly the middle layer of the software stack which includes for example:
- Device configuration management
- Device provisioning
- System time management
- Equipment detection and configuration
- Various system general purpose libraries
- Data streaming (e.g. gRPC protocol)
- Performance monitoring data collection
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Working with a complex, multi-application system which manages network devices.
- Designing and writing software according to internal technical specification and/or telecom standards.
- Investigating, analyzing and fixing reported defects.
- Regular cooperation with teams from Poland and the USA, China and Germany
Technology we use
- Code is mostly C++, including the newest standards (compilers are regularly updated to pick up features from the new standards)
- For version control we use Git
- We work in a continuous integration environment.
Who we're looking for?
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Good C/C++ programming skills.
- Ability to work at the system architecture level in multiple areas of the system or as an expert in a significant technology domain
- Good knowledge about UNIX/Linux systems.
- Decent English allowing to discuss technical issues with colleagues abroad
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking