My client are seeking individuals to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. Their goal is to contribute to people and business progress. This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration,
As an Quality Assurance Analyst with a background in quality assurance you will play a key role in helping to shape the direction of the platform and the choice of services that are adopted. You will have a deep knowledge of quality assurance practices and will be able to drive discussions with the team to ensure that the right choices are made for the project. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the build out of both a team and a new greenfield solution, to help the business improve their electronic trading capabilities within the fixed income space.
We are looking for candidates with strong QA knowledge who can take responsibility for the software quality.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts:
- Along with the development team, determine the testability of the product and work with them to improve this where required.
- Create and maintain the automated regression test pack.
- Along with the BAs, define acceptance criteria (definition of “done”) for each new feature.
- Based on the acceptance criteria, write the test cases to validate that the feature is working correctly.
- Execute the test cases and automate these wherever possible.
- Participate in testing cycles with other teams, including taking on a co-ordination role as required.
- Where bugs are found during functional testing, update the regression pack to include tests to ensure the bug does not reoccur.
- Take ownership for setting up test accounts with upstream systems (Bloomberg, MTS etc.).
- Track metrics around feature defects, production defects and reoccurring defects for continuous monitoring by the team.
- Track metrics around non-functional requirements (i.e. speed, memory utilization, AWS hosting costs) for continuous monitoring by the team.
Who we're looking for?
- Agile development/Software life cycle
- Selenium framework experience
- Knowledge of financial products
- Knowledge of e-Trading platforms
- Jira knowledge
- AWS or relevant cloud experience
- Ideally some C# knowledge (good to have)
Qualities & Skills
- Energetic, motivated and determined
- Pragmatic and results-oriented
- Adaptable to diverse set of technical responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Productive and able to manage time effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills