Full Stack Development Engineer
This role is within the Engineering Practice team in HSBC Technology - a relatively newly formed team which builds and supports solutions of benefit to all engineers within HSBC.
This is an exciting opportunity to build best in class solutions to benefit the Practice’s internal customers – naturally therefore this role will involve a core element of liaising with lots of the internal technology customers to understand and meet their needs as well as working with the Practice team themselves.
Job Profile: The Full Stack Development Engineer will be responsible for delivery of working products through the whole software delivery lifecycle including the different phases of inception, construction, testing, release and ongoing management of a product or service. The candidate will be required to continually enhance their skills within a number of specialisms which include front end, development, security, testing, and operational support.
Job Profile: The person would be mainly working on a project connected with new tool used within HSBC. This is new solution to allow people to manage their pods (teams), to find each other, find information in a simple way - for example based on a specific skill. Includes information like: pods, service lines, structure, etc. Its goal is to make the process simpler.
Role split: predominantly technical role, manage back log, talk to customers to find out what they want, some documentation, work with Confluence, test automation. Currently we work on premise, we have aspiration to move to Cloud (GCP)
- Provide support across the end-to-end delivery and run lifecycle, utilizing their skills and expertise to carry out software development, testing and operational support activities with the ability to move between these according to demand,
- End to end accountability for a product or service,
- Liaise with other engineers, architects, and business stakeholders to understand and drive the product or service’s direction,
- Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data,
- Create technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality,
- Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team,
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered,
- Responsible for automating the continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps product / service team driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Who we're looking for?
How we work?
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages