Senior Software Engineer
- Employment contract
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
We are responsible for collection, processing & distribution of Broker Research across 1500 global brokers.
Within this role, this individual will design, build & test solutions that support the the business. The technologies we employ are C++, .Net, Elastic, Hadoop, HBase, Python, Java and AWS cloud technologies such as S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda & REST services across a range of back-end capabilities like workflow, streams (like SPARK) , search (on Big Data & SQL clusters), distribution (via Kafka). Our organization & teams are global.
Within this role, this individual will design, build & test solutions that support the business. The technologies we employ are C++, .Net, Elastic, Hadoop, HBase, Python, Java and AWS cloud technologies such as S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda & REST services across a range of back-end capabilities like workflow, streams (like SPARK), search (on Big Data & SQL clusters), distribution (via Kafka). The team you will join is core to collecting, processing & distribution of Broker Research, a $150M annual business for Refinitiv across approximately 1500 sell-side brokers.
Your goals will include:
- Content provided from all 1500 of Brokers is properly managed, collected & distributed. Constant demand from Brokers & Broker Support teams make this core task very demanding
- Content requires a level of "data enrichment" in order to support Refinitiv's flagship products such as Eikon, TRKD, and Feeds such as Citation & Snapshot and most recently EDP real-time API.
- This role will also be involved in building the next generation solution in the Cloud (AWS).
- Developing back-end components for collection, distribution & search using mix of traditional & Big Data technologies.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- 3+ years of professional Java development
- At least 1 year of professional C++ development
- Working knowledge of design patterns, algorithms, component optimizations, threading, networking (protocols, etc.), advanced debugging (stack traces, heap dumps)
- Communicative level of English
WHAT'S THE ADVANTAGE?
- Working knowledge of SQL, scripting (command line), REST & SOAP APIs
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase for data storage, Kafka for distribution and Elastic for Search
- Working knowledge of C#.
- Hands-on experience with AWS.
- Knowledge of operational models such as ITIL, Agile methodology
- Ambitious global projects including being involved in building the next generation solution in the AWS
- Competitive salary and stable, permanent employment
- Additional bonus plan
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 40 countries
- A range of development opportunities through traditional training, on-site and international projects
- Extra 5% of your salary to invest in funds and secure your future
- Two additional days off for voluntary and social jobs
- Free yoga classes and training with a physiotherapist in the office
- Access to Refinitiv products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
Project you can join
Development and maintenance of back-end applications :
1) In C++ such as: windows services, SOAP web services
2) In java Big Data applications using: Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, SOAP and RESTful web services
3) Migrating existing applications to AWS
Developing microservices in Java, Node.js
How we code?
- Version control: Git
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static code analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge database
How we test?
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Test automation
How we manage our projects?
- Methodology: Scrum
- Who makes architectural decisions? Team, CTO
- Who makes technology stack decisions? Team, CTO
- Team line-up:
- Developers: 9
- PMs: 3
- QAs: 3
- Designers: 1
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Tech supervisor
- Open space
- Separate rooms
- Dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Remote possible: 20%
- Office hours: 9:00 - 17:00
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events