Main Purpose of the Role :
Development work for the Finance Application Development team, serving Finance. This role is to complete development tasks for the team in addition to BAU support of systems currently looked after by the team. We have a rapid development model, involving Infra Team QA so QA experience with clear documentation skills is essential. There will be opportunities to work with Business users in Finance to carry out development work to automate their daily tasks, with tasks including Business Analysis and technical documentation.
In this role, you will be responsible for Development work and Technical investigatiopns across banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
Help ensure that the business have no major outstanding issues with the Finance Intranet tools tool, data presented is accurate and timely, business are fully supported, web development work is completed on time with no major issues
Support EMEA Repository (ER) data warehouse, resolve issues with overnight jobs, Investigate and resolve data issues
Support Intranet based Tax and VAT applications
Support Finance’s EUCs (MSExcel and MSAccess)
Support Finance’s Intranet tools
Who we're looking for?
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies (essential):
- Classic ASP - ! Important !
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and data problem investigation, diagnosis, and correction
- Solid and demonstrable development with MS SQL - important !, SSIS, Sql Agent, T-SQL, SSRS
- Query Optimisation
- Good debugging/ Hands-on approach
- VBA - ! Important !
- HTML, CSS
- Understanding of Business Analysis
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong Documentation Skills
- Strong QA
Functional / Technical Competencies (preferred):
Work Experience (essential):
- Taking requirements from users
- Automation experience
Work Experience (preferred):
- Experience working in Banking/Finance organisations
- Experience working on MI projects
- Finance/Banking business knowledge.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree Educated - Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar technical discipline; alternatively professional Microsoft certificcation
Pro-active and Self-starting
Flexible team player.
Willing to work late hours during busy periods
Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
A structured and logical approach to work
Strong problem solving skills
A creative and innovative approach to work
Excellent interpersonal skills
The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment