As a Team Lead for the Customer Response Team (CRT), you will lead a group of embedded software and test engineers that contributes to releases of embedded software that address and repair customer’s issues with our Programmable Logic Controllers. You will collaborate with a cross-functional and global team to deliver value to our customers.
This opportunity is unique in that this team is a brand-new addition to the organization. As a result, you will have the chance to build the team from the ground level and grow the group by assisting with hiring and onboarding of new employees. You will define and implement strategies to help this new team be successful and reach its potential.
The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual. You will be supported with mentorship and coaching. With success in this role, you will have the opportunity to grow into roles with increased scope and responsibility.
We are looking for someone who will and learn from a wide set of backgrounds and opinions. The ideal candidate will contribute to a team-oriented environment and use open and direct communications. The candidate will also actively seek knowledge, identify, and pursue career development opportunities for themselves and the team.
- Ensure product development activities comply with corporate and business level processes and procedures. Be responsible for helping the team think and create a continuous improvement mindset against those processes and procedures.
- Develop the team and assist them with goal setting and achievement.
- Directly supervise a team of Embedded Software and Test engineers by providing for their continued development, motivation, and performing performance management. Work with individuals to help them reach their full potential.
- Encourage a positive and inclusive work environment to foster outstanding performance. Work with leadership to understand and then implement the vision of a performance driven and collaborative workplace.
- Help your team eliminate waste by leading improvement activities in design capabilities and processes Be relentless in our pursuit of creating quality designs and high-quality software delivered and tested right the first time. Partner with development, functional test, and system test personnel to construct testable requirements.
- Promote reliable automated test engineering practices and technology.
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools, and promote continuous improvement of engineering tools and practices across the global development organization
- Mentor less experienced personnel, and encourage knowledge sharing and learning among the development community
- Assist in the hiring and onboarding of new employees
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Electrical or similar field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and leadership with demonstrated professional development in software design, testware, tool development, and software development.
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques
- Experience programming in object-oriented languages like C++
- Experience developing and maintaining automated tests and tools in Python
- Previous experience working with test architectures preferably with real-time embedded development environments
- Ability to direct the day-to-day technical activities of a small team of engineers.
- Past technical leadership experience
- Advanced courses or degree in engineering, computer science or controls
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and software test processes
- Past people management experience
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking