(GBM IT) Scala Developer
(GBM IT) Scala Developer
Who we are:
OTC Client Clearing, small IT team located entirely in Krakow, part of HSBC Global Banking and Markets IT. We are experienced Scala software engineers.
What we do:
We build a solution for automated Over-The-Counter trading. We constantly provide new business functionalities, develop the trading platform and improve/automate our work environment. Production is our key responsibility, therefore we put a lot of stress on testing and security. We follow TDD principles.
Joining us, you will learn how to:
- Create usable, efficient and elegant Scala code
- Build a microservice based solution and make it live
- Monitor production and keep it stable
- Use your programming skills to solve real life problems
- Understand business domain thanks to co-located business representatives
Your daily tasks:
- Join our developers in their everyday tasks to build up knowledge and master Scala programming skills
- Deliver your changes end-to-end (design, develop, test, release, maintain)
- Attend Agile rituals (everyday standup, planning etc.)
- Maintain and improve an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Share the ownership of service infrastructure with the team
The way we work:
All our teams work in ‘pods’ of 4-8 developers and work closely with a business Product Owner.
We are not ‘order takers’ but responsible for the service we are developing.
For us that means:
- All our teams strive to do continuous delivery – we do small, incremental releases and follow agile practices.
- We are empowered to use technology and tools to automate as much as possible.
- We build small services and strive to break up monolithic systems where we have them.
- Each small team is responsible for everything from the requirements to the development to running it in Production. If we build it we own it.
Who we're looking?
- Open mindedness and willing to learn and develop
- Experience in object oriented programming (Java)
- Experience in functional programming (e.g. Scala)
- Understanding of the CI/CD pipeline
- Practical experience with Linux
- English at least B2 level
How we work?
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking