AMD ROCm is an ecosystem of libraries and tools for developing applications that harness the processing power of AMD graphics cards. It is a series of libraries with primitives rocmCUB, rocBLAS, rocSparse, rocThrust. These are also special purpose libraries such as MIOpen which provides basic algorithms from the area of machine learning running on GPU. In addition to libraries, ROCm provides development tools, a C++ and Fortran language compiler.
The main programming tool is HIP. The HIP is a C++ programming interface and runtime layer for writing software to execute on AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. The HIP framework includes many components based on the LLVM infrastructure.
In Poland, we are building a team of 7 people who will work on different aspects of the HIP platform. These include GPU C++ compiler, profiler, OpenMP, FORTRAN compiler. The team will be part of a larger international AMD team working on ROCm components.
If you are a Compiler Engineer/Lead with a passion to work on leading edge Language's implementation and compilation for GPU, this is for you. The successful candidate will work on HIP C++ GPU compiler enhancements. The successful candidate will have a phenomenal opportunity to work closely with a world class team on site the client location.
- Propose design, defend and implement the compiler features and general LLVM compiler enhancements.
- Review code changes and design proposals from team members
- Work with opensource communities delivering patches and reviewing the solutions from the community and upstreaming as required.
- Contribute to the technical content of the compiler documentation/manuals.
- Develop a close working relationship with Compiler QA, Compiler Support and other compiler teams.
Who we're looking for?
- BE/ME/B.tech/M.Tech with 3-10+ years of Compiler feature Design and development expertise
- Strong background in compilers.
- Clang/LLVM experience
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience with wide variety of aspects of compiler and parallel programming
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Positive attitude and integrity
- Parallel Programming Models, Languages and Runtime Systems
- Good understanding of GPU execution model and architecture