IT Systems Monitoring DevOps needs help developing advanced features of the most comprehensive monitoring platform for infrastructure and application across the firm's IT estate. As a member of our team, you will be working top bank talent on a mix of best-of-breed open source solutions, in-house developed solutions and commercial third party products that provide availability monitoring, infrastructure capacity and performance, application monitoring, correlation, automated notification and service management integration. The user interfaces include Moogsoft AIOps event console, Apigee APIs for DevOps, a granular self-service dashboard capability called Grafana and a self-service portal application. You will be exposed to so many technologies you will not know which ones you like most.
- Design and implementation of enterprise-level solutions for application performance and infrastructure monitoring.
- Lead and collaborate with team members, technology partners and other stakeholders to build creative solutions that achieve both personal goals and those set by organizational leaders and the team.
- Function as an active member of an Agile team, consistently contributing to the team and its Agile practices (tools, common components, and documentation) and Scrum processes.
Let's shape the future of the bank together.
You will be part of the Enterprise Technology department within Enterprise Security & Services located in Wroclaw.
Most of team members have ~9 years of relevant experience on average in various programming languages and technologies. Team is cross-function responsible for the entire software development life-cycle. Our software development team is based in Wroclaw PL divided into several scrum teams delivering sprints every 2 weeks.
The Advanced Product Support team (L2) has presents in Wroclaw PL, and Pune IN to both participate/collaborate in DevEng and to communicate user feedback into engineering & development in Wroclaw.
The role of the Open Source Solutions Developer will cover the following responsibilities:
- Work with the process owners and stakeholders to understand client workflows and translate them into technical designs and prototypes
- Develops full-stack and reference architecture designs for infrastructure across hybrid environments inclusive of private and public cloud platforms.
- Identifies solutions and formulates implementation and migration strategies.
- Creates prototypes and authors detailed technology interaction specifications.
- Provides expertise in technical knowledge, methodology and framework, data integration and data flows.
- Conduct & organize proof of concepts.
- Ensure the implementation of project deliveries are totally scalable and resilient.
- Perform solution walkthroughs with process owner(s) and engineering staff.
- Learn new things, and grow rapidly from constant exposure to innovative ideas, concepts, and patterns.
- Solves complex problems with many variables using various security, network, storage, and compute platforms.
Who we're looking for?
- Proficiency in software engineering and development in some of the following: Java or C#
- 5+ years of experience in corporation environment
- Proficiency in handling open source databases like MySql or one of its forks.
- Experience in evaluating and translating business requirements into technical specification.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English.
- Software packaging knowledge for Linux (RPM) and Windows (MSI).
- Prior experience in working with Windows and Linux systems.
- Familiarity with bash command line tools
- Proficiency in server management (Nginx, Apache, Tomcat) and Linux standards (directory structure, nomenclature, naming convention)
- Familiarity with GIT, Git Flow, working with distributed teams
- Proficiency in working with legacy code, ability to adapt and refactor code
- Experience in implementation or usage of AIOps / observability solutions such as MoogSoft, Appdynamic or similar.
- Familiarity with automated testing, continuous integration & deployment.
- Familiarity with containers, Openshift, and/or Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of JIRA/Confluence.
- A willingness to work with Agile Scrum.
- Working knowledge of Java
- Software packaging knowledge for Windows (MSI).