This role resides in one of the newly established IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) agile pods within the End User as a Platform (EUaaS) area, specifically the Desktop pod which will cover both Windows and Apple MAC based products.
The Windows Desktop engineering pod will continue to deliver HSBC's build of Windows 10 (internally named CWX), review and define the hardware used for desktop and laptops devices, define the configuration to be applied to HSBC's PCs/VDIs, manage and control the core infrastructure management applications applied to CWX, and be accountable for all engineering work on CWX.
The Senior Windows Desktop Engineer role will be directly responsible for leading, directing and influencing a team within this pod to achieve the strategic aims of ITID and the EUaaS platform.
- Develop, maintain Windows desktop images and services
- Be part of a team that performs sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organizational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned
Who we're looking for?
- In-depth experience of engineering automated Windows desktop and laptop offerings in an enterprise, preferably within a Financial Services institution
- Deep knowledge of Windows desktop and linked technologies; Windows 10, GPOs, native Microsoft Windows management features, PC hardware, desktop builds, Windows application management, software licensing, and asset management
- hands-on in-depth knowledge configuration of Microsoft InTune
- Experience of associated technology areas: Microsoft Office, browsers, Java, Windows application development, virtual desktops, Windows security models and tooling, identity and access management tooling, Microsoft Systems Centre, WiFi and remote access
- Windows performance monitoring / analysis
- Thorough knowledge and application of Microsoft PowerShell scripting for task automation and system management
- Good organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience with macOS, Jamf Cloud
- Agile and Project Management skills
- Windows Controls and policies