The Senior Engineer role is part of ITID, Telecommunications Services, Global Networks team.
They have the primary responsibility to provide day to day design and support to ensure the global Network infrastructure is maintained to agreed service levels and standards and customer needs are met in the most appropriate way.
As part of a global team, they will build and maintain strong, trust based relationships with peers spanning multiple geographies and time zones.
The Senior Engineer will have the ability to work under minimal supervision from management and will be a source of support and guidance for junior colleagues.
The Senior Engineer will be a subject matter expert on at least one piece of Network topology but will work primarily on
F5 Load Balancers
- Managing conflicting priorities
- Producing documentation/communications of a high quality that ensures clear and easily understood.
- Ensure all aspect of the environment is maintained efficiently with minimal disruption to the customer base.
- Continually strive to evolve existing processes to improve efficiency of deliverables to the customer base and in turn reduce year on year costs by agreed targets
- Adopt a customer service attitude that represents the support model in a correct and purposeful manner and thus ITID as a whole
- Achieve delivery of incidents and requests in line with the agreed SLAs.
- Identifying areas of potential service improvement and efficiencies.
Who we're looking for?
The Senior Engineer will have:
- Overall understanding of Network services and the supporting infrastructure to be able to prioritise work load
- Good Understanding of Network hardware and Software and general IT Support principles
- Have sufficient knowledge of ITID understanding policy, processes, procedures and systems deployed.
- In depth knowledge of best practice within a support environment.
- Have excellent knowledge of the project lifecycle.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for IT investments and alternatives in the language of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to find logical solutions to problems.
- A 'common sense' approach
- Proven ability to prioritise against competing demands.
- Ability to actively participate in Crisis response and recovery.
- Experience working within a large corporate / global technology environment
- A track record of being a 'self starter' and driving their own performance, development and learning
- Have a good understanding of strategic planning, including managing change, managing processes and business cases
- ASA for remote access (ASA, AnyConnect VPN SSL)
- ASA VPN Lan2LAN
- RSA Administrator (able to manage roles, Identity Source, Security Domain), AD skills, Scripting (Shell, Python)
- A broad understanding of IT hardware, software, operations and networks
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within limited timescales
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills to quickly assess situations, their impact and options for resolution.
- To be able to prioritise faults, estimate fix times.
- Good team player skills which rely on honest open communication and reliability of individuals to strive to deliver an excellent service to the customer
- Ability to manage and prioritise service delivery within a diverse and constantly changing technical environment.
- Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to influence peer group good negotiation skills.
- Understand and interpret complex business and IT requirements
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands for time and resources
- Have the ability to understand and interpret complex business and IT requirements and assess future
- Managing large Network project implementations.