We need brilliant engineers to help bring this technology into new markets and new deployment models. If you want to work in a team with people at least as good as you, if you want to solve the problems encountered when analysing the firehose of network data in real time - capturing, decoding, analysing and indexing at 40Gb/s and more and providing solutions for consumers of real-time and historical, raw and normalised market data - then Corvil is what you are looking for.
Given the success of our Krakow office, we are now expanding to build out a high-class team in Warsaw. We are excited to speak with candidates who will be happy to work remotely initially with a view to setting up an office location in Warsaw when the time is right. We especially want to speak with candidates who are keen to work in a startup environment
This is an opportunity to join a world-leading engineering team working on the design and development of new features across Corvil’s entire product range. We are at a tremendously exciting stage with extensive innovative work on-going and an exciting vision to fulfill.
Corvil’s technology is used in many ways today including:
- to understand our customers’ market position in capital markets;
- to understand how our customers’ backbone network is performing;
- to debug our customers’ application performance;
- to monitor voice over IP call quality.
Who we're looking for?
- Third Level Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree
- 2-4 years of development experience
- A strong proficiency in C++ development under Linux is required.
- A suitable candidate should be familiar with:
- High-performance systems and multi-threaded application development
- Automated testing (unit testing, integration testing)
- Linux-based development environments, including tools such as gdb and valgrind
Knowledge or experience with the following is a distinct advantage:
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins), including the delivery of CI aligned test automation
- Financial trading protocols e.g. FIX
- IP networking
- Packet capture analysis using tools such as Wireshark
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Think problems all the way through
- Understand how to write code that can be worked on by others
- Understand what it takes to deliver and code a high availability and high performance system
- Are aware of the implementation details of commonly used C++ features and how to use that knowledge to help implement efficient yet maintainable code
- Are comfortable asking for help, taking advice and accepting constructive feedback.
- Can articulate the reasoning behind decisions or trade-offs
- Can follow existing patterns where required to do so
- Can invent new patterns where required to do so - and justify that invention
- Are able to solve issues seen in the field from very limited data
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages