Apple Desktop Engineer
Apple Desktop Engineer
This role resides in one of the newly established IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) agile engineering pods within the End User as a Platform (EUaaS) area, specifically the Apple Desktop pod. The intent of these new engineering pods is to increase the infrastructure automation provided to HSBC staff and to deliver infrastructure products and services in an agile manner.
The Apple Desktop engineering prod will deliver HSBC’s build of the Mac OS X operating system to our managed Apple devices, review and define the Apple hardware used for our defined user stories, define the configuration to be applied to these devices, manage and control these devices and be accountable for all engineering work on the managed OS X build.
In 2020 we are expecting all engineering pods to be in setup mode so the focus will be to complete knowledge transfer from other HSBC locations and initiating the various streams of work that will deliver extra levels of automation whilst moving to a more agile way of working. An appropriate agile way-of-working will be implemented, likely to be Scrum or Kanban.
The Apple Desktop Engineering role will work within the pod to achieve the strategic aims of ITID and the EUaaS platform by delivering products and services in an agile manner. The role will take direction from the defined pod leader or assigned team leader and will be expected to work closely with other members of the pod.
Whilst it will have no formal line management duties, it will be expected that the role will provide guidance to the more junior members of the team and pod.
- Work within the Apple Desktop engineering pod, covering some or all of: Agile development of Apple Desktop Infrastructure related products, 3rd level support of said products, thought leadership, technical documentation, verbal and written communication, financial management
- Be part of a team that performs sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organisational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned
- Maintain an agile mind-set by adopting the practices and processes identified as being required for our new engineering pods, leveraging agile delivery methods, associated frameworks (e.g., Lean) and Bank tools (e.g., JIRA) to do this
- Understand and follow the ITID strategy and vision and also the Product Management direction
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the team, focusing on automation, process improvement, how technology is best leveraged and technology shift opportunities
- As assigned: Be responsible for the team’s budget as assigned, perform vendor management as needed against assigned partners, following all applicable HSBC and ITID policies and procedures for financial and team management
- Work collaboratively with staff within the platform to identify and agree improvement opportunities
Applications sent to us will be taken into consideration only if they include the following statement:
“I hereby declare that I have familiarized myself with the Privacy Statement for Applicants published at http://www.about.hsbc.pl/careers and I hereby give consent for personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of recruitment in HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o. o. according to rules described in the Privacy Statement for Applicants, as per the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).”
Who we're looking?
- Experience of working as part of an agile infrastructure development team
- Interpersonal skills – demonstrate good judgement and a good level of communication. Ability to articulate complex technical issues concisely.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac and linked technologies: Mac OS X, Jamf Pro / Jamf Cloud, Windows on Mac (e.g., Boot Camp, Parallels, Virtual Box), AppleScript, Automator workflows, Mac deployment technologies
- Experience of associated technology areas: Microsoft Office, browsers (Safari, IE, Chrome), Java, Mac security models and tooling, identity and access management tooling, Active Directory, Workspace One, Apple Remote Desktop
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma practices
- Knowledge and experience of using agile delivery methods and tools to implement both tactical and strategic changes
- Commercially astute, ability to balance and assess risk vs. reward, maximising cost effectiveness and profitability for functions and/or business lines
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking