As Head of Operations CoE, understand factories & end markets problems, needs and opportunities and use this to formulate the CoE’s long term vision, strategy, and roadmap, ensuring alignment to Manufacturing & Supply Chain Compliance vision and goals and aligned to the Information and Digital Technology (IDT) strategy, and adapting them in future, as and when required.
Establish and lead team of Product Managers to stimulate product-oriented development in the area of Manufacturing & Supply Chain Compliance to enable the company to drive the maximum value from its investment into IT systems. Responsible for ideate-build-run and able to solve problems and improve business outcomes by applying technology.
This is a senior cross functional role, working intimately with senior stakeholders in Manufacturing, Supply Chain Compliance and IDT.
The Operations CoE is a cross-functional team being created in 2019, organised and implemented by Supply Chain Compliance and Factory Systems products. The goal is to support the ongoing deployments and ultimately extract maximum value from those products post-Hypercare. This includes:
- ‘Keeping the lights on’ in partnership with IT Services by resolving incidents, supporting issues and problems in live markets, maintenance, security, run costs, etc.
- ‘Evolving and improving’ the products – new features, innovation and changes for live markets, leveraging the platform, etc.
- ‘Governing and empowering’ – helping End Markets leverage the platform and building their capabilities, which might be re-used by others
- ‘Maximising usage’ – continue people change and adoption management to make the most of the platform’s capabilities
- ‘Retrofit’ – enabling new features built by the GMES/TPD programme to become live through testing, remediation, product change management, system training material updates and leveraging the global Super User Community
- Lead the product teams to achieve the Operations CoE value proposition summarized above
- Engage and influence senior stakeholders in IDTLT, Global Manufacturing LT, Global LEX and design reference end markets (i.e. lead markets) to support and contribute to the ways of working of the Operations CoE
- Manage the product team’s careers according to their respective home function
- Define and maintain the supplier/partner commercial strategy and model that the CoE will require (supporting the following technologies Apriso, Honeywell Movilizer, Xavo FSS, SAP OER, Talend, INEXTOR)
- Cost Management of all required elements of the CoE
Keeping the lights on:
- Monitor and guarantee through IT Services that product issues are within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), running costs are within plan, and work collaboratively to continually enhance the product quality and avoid 'technical debt' (outdated technical components)
Evolving and improving:
- Establish the products roadmap (new capabilities) in partnership with design reference and pilot markets
- Collect, prioritize and manage the backlog of new capabilities to be developed (for the products where the CoE will own central delivery)
- Define any capital budget, develop the benefit/investment case(s) for your product(s) and coordinate allocated capital to execute your roadmap and ensure your product(s) is delivering value for money
- Accountable for managing successful end-to-end delivery of product iterations, prioritising work and making appropriate trade-offs (for the products where the CoE will have central delivery)
Governing and empowering:
- Continually promote knowledge of the GMES & TPD platform across regions and markets
- Track and report key performance, compliance and usability metrics aligned to the business value of products in CoE scope
- Challenge continuous enhancement of these key metrics through the respective home function globally i.e. Global Manufacturing, Supply Chain Compliance or Global IDT
- Identify and take action where knowledge gaps are identified
- Coordinate and guarantee that new capabilities are delivered for current live markets with sufficient quality and testing
At British American Tobacco we are committed to handling your personal data responsibly and with integrity. If you would like to read our Privacy Notice, please access the following link: https://www.bat.com/careers/en/privacy_notice
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Who we're looking for?
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High level of strategic and people leadership skills to be able to balance “influencing and driving” in a global matrix organization and across senior stakeholders, relying on strong leadership skills when outside of the incumbent’s career function
- Strong communications skills
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain Compliance (product traceability through supply chain) IT solutions
- Seasoned IT professional, as a guideline, 7 to 10 years’ experience
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes, operation excellence & product traceability through Supply Chain
- Familiarity of one or more of the following:
- Manufacturing Execution System (ideally Apriso)
- Pack coding an UID systems (INEXTOR)
- Factory Site System (FSS)
- Line Systems (Hermos/Marden Edwards)
- Automation Control Systems
- Labelling Managements systems (ideally Nice Label)
- Warehouse Management Systems (ideally SAP WM)
- Movilizer Warehouse Site System (M-WSS)
- SAP Object Event Repository (OER)
- SAP Manufacturing Execution and Logistic Execution components
- SAP Cloud PI (CPI)
- ETL (ideally Talend)
- Must have extensive Project Management experience ideally SCRUM, PRINCE2
- Experience in managing virtual teams, multi-vendor environment, across diverse regulatory environments, above markets roles, and among diverse cultures
- Commercial awareness and contract management experience
- Understanding of BAT (i.e. business, structures etc.)
- Experience of implementing large programmes or projects, ideally at a global level
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages