(GBM IT) Senior Java Developer – Collateral IT
- HSBC Service Delivery (Polska)
- Employment contract
- Experience with back-end technologies: Microservice architecture, Java 8, Spring Boot Admin, Spring Batch, Spring Integration
- Experiences with Test driven development methodologies such as Junit & BDD
- Nice to have experience with Front-end technologies: Angular 6, HTML5, CSS3
- Ability to solve complex problems and propose solutions
- English at least B2 level
- Spring Boot Admin
- Spring Batch
- Spring Integration
Project you can join
Project you can join
Who we are:
You will join new Krakow-based team, responsible for the development and support of Collateral Management Platform. The local team collaborates with broader organization of 90 professionals located around the globe in London, Poznan, Toronto and Pune. We deliver multiple changes to production each week with a flexible and agile process that evolves over time.
What we do:
The Collateral Platform is critical for the bank from the regulatory standpoint. It allows the Collateral Operations Team to perform the daily margining functions and managing risk across thousands of HSBC clients globally and to provide data & analytics to optimize its usage. Our teams are currently operating in microservices environment based on Java 8 and Spring Cloud with a push to further modernize the stack with technologies such as Google cloud platform and Hashicorp Consul. These microservices interact with central platform running a distributed cache using Oracle Coherence with an underlying Oracle RDBMS Operational Data Store (ODS). The user interface is being built with Angular and the platform integrates with other systems in & outside the Bank using a combination of MQ, File, Web Service and REST interfaces.
Your daily tasks:
You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
- Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases
- Speaking to product owner and business on features and requirements
- Deploying changes to production frequently and confidently
- Production availability of your service – if you build the service you own the service!
The way we work:
- All our teams work in ‘pods’ of 4-8 developers and work closely with a business Product Owner.
- We are not ‘order takers’ but responsible for the service we are developing.
For us that means:
- All our teams strive to do continuous delivery – we do small, incremental releases and follow agile practices.
- We are empowered to use technology and tools to automate as much as possible.
- We build small services and strive to break up monolithic systems where we have them.
- Each small team is responsible for everything from the requirements to the development to running it in Production. If we build it we own it.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Language courses
- Visa Services
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events