(More than a) Scrum Master
Hi! We’re u2i - a tech company comprising of 55 problem-solvers with diverse skill sets in back end, front end, full-stack, mobile, UX design and DevOps. And we’re on the lookout for a Scrum Master to support and nurture our teams on a mission to create great products hand in hand with our US-based clients. Most importantly, we hope to find a true colleague and a friend who’ll enjoy facing everyday challenges and growing together.
As Scrum Master @u2i you will:
- be an active member of 1-2 development teams (2-6 people each) and u2i, working within a small team of Scrum Masters led by Karolina to build a common understanding of high-performing teams
- guide the team to self-organisation and put the right process in place - most of our teams work in Scrum, but you’ll see other Agile frameworks across the company. We believe in the adaptive shaping of our processes as we grow, so you’ll be responsible for applying the methodology and practices which will fit best.
- foster a trusting environment - to cultivate safe space for learning, where we experiment and explore new solutions and ideas
- observe, detect problems and guide the team through any rough patches
- assess the needs of the team, remove or prevent impediments, and provide additional support with the daily life of the team
- support and educate the team and the Client to build a better understanding of Agile standards and best practices
- facilitate the team’s ceremonies such as daily scrums, retrospectives, sprint reviews and planning, organize workshops and other team activities
- search for and implement techniques for effective backlog refining and managing
- encourage and facilitate giving feedback for continuous learning and improvement
- participate in product development planning and contribute your ideas on delivering value to the end user.
The mission of our Scrum Masters team is to embody servant leadership in support of u2i’s cross-functional teams. We appreciate and cherish the unique set of independent minds which u2i has gathered under one roof, and making every effort to bring our development teams and overseas clients together as one high performing entity.
We might be a great match for each other if you:
- are strongly focused on the needs of the team members and the Client, with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization's values and business objectives
- have a deep understanding and previous experience with applying and optimizing different Agile methodologies and Lean practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- have provided guidance and understanding of Agile practices to others - you know perfectly how to argument the importance of feedback loops, creating safe space to fail and maximizing the value
- are experienced in constructive and assertive communication while coaching or consulting with the Client
- have 2+ yrs of experience as a Scrum Master in the IT sector facilitating product and/or development teams
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English (C1+)
- work with a supportive mindset - you listen for what is emerging, you’re curious, you ask powerful questions and articulate what you perceive
- keep a watchful eye on team dynamics and are well aware of the stages of team development and its dysfunctions
- are open to new ideas and eager to develop them together
- understand that it takes time and a few experiments to hit the right approach
- are creative and push yourself to think outside the box
- are a natural facilitator, you make sure the meetings are fun, well-prepared, have a clear purpose and outcome, and you skillfully apply the right amount of facilitation to maximize results
- are not satisfied unless everyone knows why a certain commitment/decision has been made
- are organized and self-directed, healthy habits help you manage your own backlog and time to maximize what you bring to the table
It would also be great if you:
- have some experience in working in a flat-structured company with no managers
- are interested in organization development
- have experience in working with distributed/remote teams
What you also might like to know is that:
We’re an employee empowered company. This means that you will have an actual impact on the company’s actions and a share in its profits. Also, we have incorporated many elements of a flat structure so you won’t have to work around any communication barriers. And finally, we believe that autonomy is the springboard for awesome ideas, so we’ll give you the tools and independence to experiment and own your initiatives.
Who we're looking for?
You’re on a call with a client who wants to build “the most comprehensive mail-client ever” for his application. You can see that he is excited by the idea, determined to invest in it and have it ready by the end of the year. At the same time, you see that the development team doesn’t seem too convinced it’s the right move, but they don’t say a word. The call ends as the client needs to run to another meeting.
Sounds like a challenge you could handle? If so, keep reading and hold on to this story - it will come in handy.
How we work?
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages