- building solutions together with client and your team
- communicating with the product team on a daily basis
- getting familiar with the problem domain and proposing solutions to business problems
- sharing knowledge with your direct team, the whole Product Family
- writing good-quality and well-tested code
- doing regular peer code review
- choosing the best technology based on technical/non-technical requirements and constraints
- helping in making architectural decisions that support the business and are well-suited to its problems
- constantly learning and improving your "soft" and technical skills
- maintaining existing code (there's no "legacy code", there's only "code that's useful enough to still be around")
If you don't meet those requirements fully, don't hesitate to apply! We will support you on learning and catching up.
Who we are?
We are a team of 9 people working on a product for the fintech sector.
Our team is based on trust, Extreme Ownership, carrying for the atmosphere. We work hard to make the product great, but we also care about each other. In our work, we are looking at pragmatism and the outcome of what we do. We work closely with business people to ensure we have an impact.
We need you to help us solve the Client's problems and scale our team so we can do more awesome stuff.
We are looking for two Elixir developers to expand our team as the product grows.
What we do?
Our product is a digital wealth management platform that unlocks the global market to individuals and institutional investors. We aim to create the best product for our clients, one, that we can be proud of. On a daily basis having lots of fun, learning and developing ourselves is a must. We look for someone who dares to work in a fast-paced environment in a multinational team. Strong communication skills and “hold my beer, I got this” attitude are a must. Previous development experience in the fintech sector is more than welcome.
Who we're looking for?
How to make sure that you are good fit?
- Knowledge of Elixir and OTP
- Understanding the principles, practices, and patterns of building maintainable and scalable web applications
- Constant improvement mindset
- Ability to write useful and maintainable tests
- Familiarity with relational databases (we mainly use Postgres)
- Familiarity with modular monolith architecture
- Solid understanding of how web applications work
- Strong team Empathy and being a team player
- Knowing how to set up CI pipeline and deployment (mostly Google Cloud)
- Remote or on site work (Our team works mostly remotely. We go out for a dinner each month. Sometimes we meet in the office.)
- Big comfortable office in the heart of Poznań.
- Freedom to co-organize any internal or public AppUnite events, like boarding game/poker meetups, afterparty events.
- Co-financed conferences attendance.
- MacBook and a shiny monitor.
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite.
- Private Medical Care,
- Private Life Insurance,
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages