Group Chief Information Office (Group CIO) is a global organization within IT that provides infrastructure services to the Bank. We provide commercially competitive products and services that enable engineered performance, information analysis, data management and transaction processing. We have a proven track record of delivering reliable, innovative solutions to our clients. We offer a state-of-the-art smart working office environment and promote flexible working. Group CIO has significant footprint in Wroclaw (500+ FTE). We're planning to continue our talent growth and develop maturity for the next years. We offer exciting and challenging opportunities on a variety of large-scale projects around the Globe.
- The candidate will join a Workspace Infrastructure and Configuration team (currently +9 FTEs in 4 locations Zurich, Raleigh, New York, Wroclaw, India)
- In all administrative/HR the candidate will report to remote Line Manager
A Desktop System EngOps is responsible for in depth technical troubleshooting of issues on a Corporate desktop and overall governance of the Desktop Environment and Operational Activities. Ownership of the desktop environment includes OS and Core Applications Responsibility for stability (patching, software version upgrades, bug-fix releases etc), license and access entitlement. Troubleshooting issues that appear in the desktop environment of a high priority or impact, or remain unsolved by L2 Desktop Support Teams.
The goal of the team and individual is to deliver a stable desktop operating environment through the efficient and effective execution of changes, managed escalations and ownership of production product lifecycles. The role will be also strongly involved in Endpoint Manager solutions, SCCM, as well as Ivanti and GPO configuration.
- Engineering, support and maintenance of software distribution tools (SCCM, Credit Suisse internal platforms)
- Support and maintenance to system configuration (GPO, Ivanti)
- Support and maintenance of software distribution
- Change management, preparation and implementation of changes in global infrastructure, monitoring.
- Remote investigation, resolution and escalation of major Incidents and Problems affecting the desktop environment.
- Technical excellence in the ability to diagnose and resolve software and backend infrastructure issues.
- Ownership of Major incidents and technical escalations from IT Support Teams affecting the desktop platform.
- Collaboration with cross-technology peer-groups, with a focus on root-cause analysis.
- Work closely with Global Support Center and L2 Desktop Support teams to continuously improve/promote L0, L1, and L2 fault-resolution.
- Support all ITIL processes, in particular the Incident, Problem, and Change Management processes.
- The role requires support of global environment which requires individuals to work off "Poland office hours" on a rotational basis.
Who we're looking for?
- Software distribution/deployment experience/knowledge
- Experience with incident and change management processes.
- Solid troubleshooting & problem solving skills.
- Scripting skills (e.g. Powershell) - nice to have
- SQL skills - nice to have
- Proven exposure and experience in large enterprise managed desktop and server environments
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, macros).
- Solid documentation skills, including PowerPoint presentation skills to deliver a key message, advanced MS Office skills
- Very good command of English is a must, very good communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills, customer/stakeholder orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team are important.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Pro-activity in individual Book-of-Work management; focus, and status reporting.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes and IT Good Practice (e.g. ITIL). Certification would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.