Our Customer is one of the world's largest investment management companies. Based in Southern California, our client manages close to $2 trillion in assets and is looking for a new partner to participate in a full scale upgrade of their technology. We are looking for talented and ambitious people. We have a huge opportunity to impress them and earn a large share of their new and existing business.
- Work closely with business team, business analysts, and architects and be able to quickly understand the new requirements and helps to identify the changes to the system.
- Work closely on a day-to-day basis with development team, designers, copy writers and other IT teams.
- The role develops and presents recommendations from analysis of current solution. Assist in design peer reviews, code peer reviews, build and unit test functional enhancements. Identify areas for code refactoring. Review and contribute to development process and procedures to assist in the continual improvement of the development team activities.
- Be able to offer solutions and designs to solve process, project or program issues; provides recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness. Defends a recommendation and can confidently support it.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with business and technical audiences and produce design documents suitable for multiple audience types, both client-facing and internal
- Must be able to exhibit technical thought leadership and excellent problem solving ability, with an aptitude for technical innovation
- Reasonable understanding of content and social media publishing platforms with knowledge of latest industry trends in desktop, mobile, and video platform development
- The person will also serve as a coach/mentor for the other UI and back-end developers on the new system requirements and/or enhancements being requested and help them drive the solutions.
- Responsible for leading development of Java/JEE code to meet specifications and designs and using best practices. Development of a world-class Spring/Web services code-base.
- Effort estimation and task breakdown - estimating cost of implementing new changes and identifying risk.
Who we're looking for?
Strong general programming skills:
- OOP: GOF, SOLID, GRASP
- TDD / BDD experience
- Good industry frameworks/platforms/solutions/trends overview
- Good algorithms knowledge and their complexity O(n) analysis
Deep knowledge of Java 7+ stack:
- Spring Framework
- Concurrency framework
- Messaging: JMS, SOAP, RabbitMQ
- SQL and DB procedures development experience.
- English Upper-Intermediate
- Agile and cross-functional work experience
- Self-disciplined and self-organized person
- Make sure execution of own commitments before the team
- Experience in evaluation of complex scope and deliver it in time
Being able to do any kind of work to deliver functionality, like:
- Requirements gathering
- Design and Development
- Testing (Manual and Automation)
- PROD implementation and maintenance
- .Net (Winforms / WPF) is very desirable
- Crystal Reports
- TIBCO / EMS
- MS SQL
Work in the financial sector