Product Software Engineer
This role is meant especially for current or former Full-Stack/Frontend/Software Engineers. It’s for people who seek excellence in what they do and want to have a real influence in their job and on the shape of a successful product.
Clients often know best what they want, but they do not know what ‘best’ looks like.
edrone is an AI-fueled SaaS platform, providing Instant ROI and Customer Experience solutions for eCommerce. It is used by hundreds of big retailers both in Poland and worldwide. edrone has won multiple awards including Computer World’s "Best in Cloud" in 2017 and 2018. We’re VC-backed after four years of a bootstrapped journey.
We're a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that is building a platform that helps increase our clients’ online sales. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
How we work:
- DevOps - you build it you run it
- Small, tightly-knit groups of skilled people
- Code Reviews
- Directly Responsible Individual
- Pair programming
- Paying back technical debt whenever you can
- Blameless postmortems
- Recognize that change is constant
The main part of your challenge lies in effectively and efficiently leading product development.
The Product Software Engineer has to collaborate with the Product Development team to turn concepts into reality. While working closely with the Business Analyst and Core Product Engineering Lead your role would be to properly interpret the BA’s reports and turn the idea into a Shape-Up framework, a feature development methodology, released by Basecamp in 2019. Good communication skills are required here, as debates between departments can get heated. You’ll achieve all of these thanks to your collaborative propensity and natural-born Project Management skills. Your role would definitely vary from that of a Software Engineer. We’re looking for people that are both knowledgeable and passionate about working in this type of environment and towards the creation of successful products.
- Improving and creating disruptive features within the Core Product
- Designing software in product iterations (sometimes what you first create will need to evolve towards the ideal architecture. Also, refactor later as it may not be tech debt.)
- Building prototypes, MVPs, working in ‘slices’ (engineers find it easy to do technical prototypes but often find customer/feature focused ones ‘not meaningful’ enough).
- Getting approval of the roadmap based on our Business Analyst’s key metrics analysis
- Managing the ShapeUp approach instead of SCRUM
- Working with UI designers to help them to implement attractive designs
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to developers. Turning ideas stream into a plan.
- Finding creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Understanding product specifications and user needs
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in one or more of Agile frameworks
- Knowledge of how to understand the customer (Ultra quick start: Jobs-to-be-Done)
- Understanding of applied product analytics
- Nice to have experience in product development teams of a SaaS platform
- Experience with Atlassian software - specially Jira
- General understanding of Project Management Metrics. i.a. these: https://www.workfront.com/project-management/metrics
- High oral and written communication skills in English
- Collaborative & facilitation skills
Skills - nice to have:
- Experience in Basecamp’s ShapeUp methodology
- Visionary (former entrepreneur, CEO, Co-Founder)
- Experience as a business or technical team of an UXP (User Experience Platform)
Technical Skills - required:
- Java 11
- General understanding of distributed systems
- Be confident and comfortable with an evolving approach to technical challenges (e.g. performance/scaling)
Technical Skills - nice to have
- Modern front-end framework - React, Angular or Vue
Other tech we use:
- AWS (25+ services) Java 11, git, JIRA, Confluence, WebStorm, PhpStorm, IntelliJ, Redis, Hadoop, Spark
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package