Want to be part of a team working on services utilized by hundreds of Online Travel Agencies (i.e. Expedia, Booking.com)?
Working in Cracow development team provides opportunities to develop your technical, business and intercultural skills, cooperating with people from all over the world. Quick development cycles, performance tuning, component design are just only a few areas you can master. Join Sabre Hospitality team!
Channel Connect simplifies and automates distribution to a broad set of global and regional OTAs enabling hotels to achieve over 20% production growth over other channel managers with dynamic rate and availability recommendations that increase hotels’ core financial metrics. Channel Connect API is a SOAP webservice handling north of 150M calls a day with annual bookings reaching $10B in sales and growing at 15% annual rate. Over 40000 hotels across 174 countries rely on Channel Connect. We connect largest OTAs Expedia, Booking.com to broadest Central Reservation System in the world. We offer possibility to work on highly available and scalable interface, green field re-written from scratch project with SOA principles in mind, ability to experience first-hand and contribute to largest cloud migration in the industry, cooperation with Google Cloud Engineers, support of Site Reliability Engineers and access to A-players in the field. We pay for your valuable certification, and access to learning resources Coursera, LinkedIn Learning etc. You have freedom to move between projects across over 75 teams in SHS as well as across business units. We encourage, support growth, and promote people willing to go an extra mile.
As a Principal on the team you will be responsible for guiding the technical solutions, mentoring less experienced colleagues. This role requires thorough understanding of services domain you will be owning, related performance, scalability, security and privacy challenges. If you don’t have them yet we expect strong interest and self-driven approach to acquiring knowledge.
Who we're looking for?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in software development prior lead experience preferred
- Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale, highly available systems handling high volume of transactions
- Deep understanding of cloud architectures
- Deep exposure to Service Oriented Architecture
- Deep understanding of network, queuing (MQ, pubsub, tcp/ip) and caching (Redis/Memcached) technologies
- Solid experience in large scale RDBMS systems and NoSQL stores
- Strong design/development experience in building large scale distributed systems and products
- Expertise in multi-threading and performance-oriented programming
- A solid engineer at heart with excellent abstraction, coding and system design skills and a deep passion and curiosity for technology;
- Expert knowledge of .NET framework (C# language)
- Expert understanding of OOP principles, design patterns, and best programming practices
- Good QA awareness (Unit Tests, TDD, Performance tests)
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and verbal
- Proven leadership ability
Nice to have skills:
- Agile methodologies
- Document databases
- NET Core
- App Dynamics
- Atlassian products
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages