Rockwell Automation is looking for a Senior Quality Engineering individual contributor to join our team. The incumbent will help develop and implement robust preventive quality plans to build quality into product design and processes. In this role working in a matrixed and dynamic environment with creativity, attention to detail and effective communication is key. This position also has interactions with internal and external customer.
In this role you will:
- Read and interpret technical product documentation with understanding of product usage within customer application and environment;
- Provides design input and fit for use to product development teams;
- Helps develop and implements New Product Introduction (NPI) quality planning to build quality into the design;
- Helps perform risk assessment and implements early preventive mitigation plans;
- Uses dashboards and metrics to drive on-going continuous improvement ;
- Leads Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and ensures corrective and preventive action planning, addresses true and systemic root cause and eliminates repeats;
- Applies quality design methodologies, tools and techniques (e.g. Design for Six Sigma, Design for Reliability, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, etc.) incrementally and throughout product development;
- Support and participate in predictive modeling and lead Reliability assessments on life cycle conditions of the sub-system, PCA component, product, and/or system;
- Pursues tasks with a sense of urgency, and develops/implements timely actions;
- Works well in a matrix organization and accepts shared accountability;
- Balances priorities and communicates well to team, stakeholders and management;
- Maintains accountability for high quality performance throughout product lifecycle;
- Presents and communicates quality readouts to appropriate leadership as required;
- Manages varying priorities and collaborates across multiple KSHs and disciplines, internal and external customers;
- Participate and support key employee initiatives including the employee engagement survey, culture of inclusion initiatives and ethics.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years in quality, manufacturing or field service engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years in New Product Introduction (NPI);
- Proven effective communication across all organizational levels;
- Drives results with cross-functional team within a complex matrix organization;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to drive performance results;
- Strong experience in continuous improvement and QA tools and methodologies;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Primarily Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI).
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP;
- Certification in LEAN, Six SIGMA tools and methodologies (i.e., Green Belt / Black Belt), CQE, AQE;
- Provide key inputs into HW, SW/FW, and product requirements with basic understanding of product, application and system level;
- Basic understanding of the environment inclusive of products and infrastructure that must work together to achieve the desired customer outcome;
- Project Management or Project Management Professional certification;
- Master of Science or MBA is a plus.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking