Global Banking & Markets Finance IT is a dynamic global team of close to 500 colleagues that build & support high profile Regulatory, Product Control, other Finance Systems & Data Warehouses around the world including UK, China, India, Hong Kong & Poland.
The current book of work is driven by the Front To Back Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) programme, a multi-year initiative set up not only to comply with future regulatory deliveries but also to implement critical changes to the Global Markets system infrastructure with a focus on fixing problem at source as well as simplifying and standardising business processes, achieving an architecture that better integrates & aligns FO, Traded Risk, Finance & Product Control.
A broad range of technologies are used across Finance IT as our systems consolidate data from a variety of sources (e.g. Trading, Back Office, Accounting, Market & Reference Data Systems) covering various asset classes including FX, Rates, Credit, Commodities, Equities, Fixed Income. The FRTB programme however is driving the migration and consolidation of complex data sourcing for these systems on to cloud based architecture; the first work stream went live in 2017 & there are continual deliveries planned over the coming years.
- Ensure HSBC standards and procedures are applied throughout to ensure a high quality delivery
- Working within a DevOps Pod with the focus on modelling data into a new Big Data platform and producing extracts for Finance and Regulatory Reporting systems.
- Analysing and capturing functional & non-functional requirements
- Writing data mapping specifications
- Modelling trade, risk, accounting and underlying reference data from a variety of source systems covering all asset classes
- Role has a cross-functional aspect, with focus on analysis, though testing and support activities may also be undertaken in line with DevOps principles
- Taking ownership of tasks that will be delivered in bi-weekly sprint cycles
- Participation in Daily Stands-ups, Backlog Refinement and Iteration Planning meetings
- Collaborating closely with Finance Change, upstream providers and downstream data consumers to ensure data requirements are fully understood and expectations are met
- Ensuring that defects, data quality and data modelling issues are quickly resolved
- Adhering to architecture principles and data modelling standards
- Seeks opportunities to document, standardise and automate processes
Who we're looking for?
Skills Required - Essential
- Finance background with broad knowledge of financial instruments, including: OTCs, Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, Securities Financing Transactions inc. Repos and Stock Borrow Lending, ETDs, FX, Equities and ETDs.
- Demonstrable experience of data sourcing and data analysis skills including liaising with upstream systems and ensuring end-to-end clarity of requirements across multiple teams
- Strong technical skills, especially in both writing and interpreting SQL and knowledge of data modelling
- A proven track record in delivery of large scale data centric projects in previous domains to tight deadlines
- Experience of analysis techniques / methodology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with teammates or with senior stakeholders
- Experience of an Agile/Scrum/DevOps delivery environment
- High levels of enthusiasm and a desire to deliver the best quality products possible along with maintaining very high service levels
- Broad experience of ETL type processes, data warehouse type systems and associated database technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC tools including JIRA and Git.
- Understanding of the full trade lifecycle, including front to back data flows
- Previous experience of working on Big Data environments including knowledge of associated technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Exposure to FpML
- Ability to independently manage issues when they arise
- Strong diagram & documentation skills, adherence to quality standards
- Ability to discuss issues and influence outcomes with Finance business contacts at all levels of seniority and document decisions effectively
- Behavioural Driven Development experience
- Ability to report progress upwards and provide a level of project management expertise including input into project plans, status reporting and risk/issue logs