We are looking for an experienced and motivated Java Developer to join the team of our client from the investment banking industry.
In this position you will be working in various roles along the full application lifecycle: analysis & design, development, integration, testing, documentation, maintenance and decommissioning.
During these phases you will work closely together with your colleagues in the team, Delivery Management, worldwide distributed production and 2nd level support, as well as (mostly Swiss based) product owners.
As a methodology we apply Rational Unified Process (RUP) by IBM and Agile/ Scrum.
As addition to Java development work will, you might also be involved in the long run with the area of Atlassian tools JIRA, Confluence and Fisheye. This includes the administration, customization and maintenance of mentioned tools to ensure fulfilment of the service level agreement as well as the functional and non-functional requirements. This will also include 3rd level support activities and consulting of product management and key stakeholders. That is why the openness to learn new things or already possessed knowledge in the Atlassian environment would be a huge plus.
As a member of the Delivery Team you will:
- Develop custom plugins and integrations for Jira/Confluence
- Collaborate with IT and management teams to build solutions on top of existing Atlassian eco-system
- Propose technical concepts, effort estimations and feasibility studies
- closely work with operation, support and product manager to ensure system stability and customer satisfaction
- Evaluate, assess and propose 3rd party add-ons as requested by stakeholders
- Provide last-tier technical support for customer-facing issues, analyse root-causes and provide solutions for solving the problem
- Plan the project migrations from one instance to another.
- Improve degree of automation for repetitive tasks and reporting
- Contribute and coordinate release upgrades and extensions
- Integrate and document provided solutions
- Support technical concepts, effort estimations and feasibility studies
- Share best practices with colleagues
Who we're looking for?
- Good knowledge of Java Core (8th ver)
- Good knowledge of CSS, JS
- Working knowledge of Linux, Oracle, and SQL
- Good teamwork
- Excellent social skills - being able working directly with stakeholders and customers
- A very good command of English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Groovy, Maven or Git
- Basic understanding of Atlassian ecosystem and integration points
- Experience in developing custom Jira/Confluence plugins
- Experience as JIRA / Confluence system administrator
- Good knowledge of JIRA DB structure
- Knowledge of most common JIRA / Confluence market place plugins
- Integrating Jira with external applications
- Experience with large scale / enterprise scale Atlassian installations
- Knowledge of Clustering/Load-balancing technologies, incl. TCP/IP networking, firewalls, PKI, database connectivity, LDAP and SSO
- Sound knowledge of Apache and Tomcat technologies