Our client is a leading global Financial markets data provider runs a number of change programs to deliver of high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency and low-latency data management chain.
The system is a big data solution that used for preparing trade analytics and reporting used by the company, its customers and regulators.
Its a part of trading platform used for Forex trading assuming billions of transactions per day. The project is used by end-users for better analysis of large data sets and to help make better decisions. You will join a vibrant and high performing team of outstanding technologists, executing on a Big Data initiative that is set to revolutionize operation.
From technical perspective it is used Kafka, HDFS, Parquet, SQL, analytics based on Spark, Scala, SQL and Java, XML reporting as well as Tableau desktop and server; Impala and their big data components.
Responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, to meet agreed business needs.
You will need to have deep technical skills, be able to quickly grasp and contribute to existing codebases and express design concepts.
Your key responsibilities will be the implementation and automated testing of new aspects of our strategic Big Data project.
You will be working in a global organization with development groups and business stakeholders in several international locations. Therefore, good communication skills are crucial
Who we're looking for?
- 7+ years of experience in core Java and related technologies in a Unix/Linux environment
- Exemplary Scala and Java programming skills
- 2+ years of experience with Big data technologies, specifically Hadoop, Scala, Spark, Impala, Hive, Kafka, HBase & Oozie.
- Good understanding of functional programming paradigms
- Unit Testing (Including mock objects)
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Gitlab, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Proficient with GIT SCM
- Self-motivated, consistent high performer
- Team player
- Commercial experience in the field of software engineering
- Experience using SBT, Gradle build tools
- Proficient with SQL
- Automated deployment (Puppet, RPM)
- Automated testing techniques
- Proficient in Linux/Unix
- Understanding of the Financial Markets and their practices