This position entails working on a small team of SW developers to provide tool platforms for AMD's Radeon GPU's. These tools assist both internal developers and gaming ISV's to debug and optimize our 3D drivers and the latest AAA gaming titles. This technology helps power the AMD Radeon tools suite including Radeon Memory Visualizer, Radeon GPU Profiler and Radeon Developer Panel. The platform is rapidly expanding to better assist developers with their tool needs.
We are searching for a motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills who'd appreciate a team environment, thrives on solving challenging problems, values open communication and strong dedication to code quality. This person should be able to thrive in a dynamic environment and be excited to work with 3D graphics drivers along with related technology to build new technology and transform how the 3D drivers are developed.
- Develop new tools to debug and optimize 3D drivers and games for Radeon GPUs
- Work with the latest 3D gaming technology, including both new and unreleased GPU's
- Improve both game performance and product time-to-market
- Collaborate across multiple teams and engineering subject areas inside and outside AMD
Who we're looking for?
- Excellent programming skills, low-level C/C++
- Knowledge of PC architecture, hardware
- Solid understanding of 3D graphics, rendering flow and common performance bottlenecks,
- 3D graphics and/or GPU compute API knowledge
- GPU and game tooling usage or development
- Knowledge of network protocols (UDP, TCP)
- Rust and/or GUI development (Qt) experience
- Familiarity with other graphics or GPU compute APIs - DirectX, OpenCL, CUDA, etc.
- Experience with Windows driver development