Technology Controls Manager – Global Cloud Services
The Team & Project:
Cloud First strategy HSBC have adopted a “Cloud First” strategy in order to meet the growing market demand for speed to market, delivery flexibility and staying competitive in an increasingly challenging marketplace. The strategy is driven by a focus on business value. Our Cloud First strategy has well established design principles, focussed on extracting the highest value from the cloud market with its associated resilience and security.
To support our ‘Cloud First’ strategy, we have established a “Global Cloud Services” (GCS) organisation within Group IT. Our multi-cloud model We are engaged with multiple global Cloud providers - Google (GCP), Amazon (AWS) and Microsoft (Azure) to leverage their individual capabilities across geographic coverage and, to provide us with contingency options in the event of a failure of any one Cloud provider. These are transformational times at HSBC as we build a market leading team in cloud adoption.
This role is CCO Technology –Technology Controls Manager – Cloud, and provides support to Global Cloud Services. The role holder will play a key part in the CCO Technology – Cloud team, primarily responsible for the Cloud Control Framework and Governance processes, along with MI & reporting (provided to management, stakeholders & customers), across all cloud platforms. This role will provide expertise in relation to Technology’s management of its control environment within the context of the Operational Risk Management Framework.
Key Accountabilities Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Cloud Control management team with the continued development and evolution of the cloud control framework and governance processes, including underlying toolsets,
- Provide risk and controls advice and guidance to the Global Cloud Services and GB/GF teams deploying to Cloud,
- Production of monthly CEMM material, along with MI and reporting to management, stakeholders, and customers,
- Assist with cloud-related audit (internal and external) and risk-related regulatory engagement,
- Provide support on initiatives to drive improvements to the Technology control environment, including the effective design of material controls,
- Partner with the Global Cloud Services team to create effective design, analysis and remediation of control measures,
- Provide advice & guidance on application of policies, control standards, and procedures,
- Act as member of relevant governance forums, Audit and regulatory reviews etc.,
- Advocate the desired behavioural changes across the CIO community required to mature the understanding and management of technology risk control,
- Identify and raise awareness of emerging risks and threats and deficiencies with deployed key controls,
- Work closely with various stakeholders and ensure visibility of key risks and remediation activity necessary to appropriately manage the Banks services and data in a Cloud computing environment,
- Working with Technology to influence definition of policies and control standards.
Who we're looking for?
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in project management.
- Understand the principles around technology-related operational risk and control management,
- Open personality with effective communication skills,
- Coordinate with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team,
- Planning and project management skills,
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision,
- Communication - ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Technology and HOST Senior management and other key stakeholders using non-technical easily understood language,
- Experience of working in Technology for financial services or other regulated industry.
How we work?
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking