Senior Java Developer
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
We are looking for a Senior Java developer to support in one of our projects.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Who we're looking for?
Mandatory Key Skills
- Having 3+years of experience in developing Web and Enterprise Applications using technologies Java / J2EE,
- Hands on experience in Spring Frame works.
- Hands on experience in using Tomcat, Jboss servers.
- Hands on experience in using Eclipse.
- Experience in version control using GitLab, GitHub, SVN
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, tools.
- Experience with RESTful API
- Experience with ESB solutions
- Core Java
- Subversion / GIT
- Web development
- XML / X-Path
- XML Schema
- XML namespaces
- GWT / Vaadin
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
Competencies are the behaviours, skills, knowledge, abilities and personal qualities that you need to be effective in your role. Our expected competencies are:
- Client focus: understands clients' businesses; identifies and understands the needs and objectives of clients, both on an individual and corporate basis; builds strong relationships to aid Luxoft's aim of being a trusted partner to the clients.
- Innovation and change: recognizes and responds positively to the need for change; creates and harnesses ideas and opportunities to achieve Luxoft's vision.
- Communication skills: expresses ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing; adjusts language, terminology and non-verbal communication as appropriate.
- Teamwork: works effectively with others; helps to build strong teams and networks.
- Personal leadership: realistically identifies own skills, experience, knowledge and other personal attributes; displays confidence and resilience.
- Results driven: knows how to get the work done most effectively; delivers a high quality service.
- Planning and organising: identifies and meets milestones; understands and articulates deliverables; assesses and mitigates risks; sticks to the scope of work and manages any changes.
- Analytical decision-making: identifies and solves problems using insight and experience to make good decisions; gathers relevant information, identifying important issues and drawing conclusions.
- Interpersonal skills: develops and uses a wide range of strategies to influence and persuade others; gains acceptance and commitment from others.
Temenos or Banking or Finance experience
Language skills (e.g. German)