Senior DevOps Engineer
Build new (and improve existing) end to end technology processes for Java based application stack, guiding the team through the entire process.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platforms, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed to the processes and pipelines.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with business and security requirements.
- Work with CI and CD tools like Teamcity , uDeploy , SonarQube , and source code control such as GIT.
- Establish DevOps best practices.
This is a role for a person who's ready to help us improve our customer experience by building functional systems and processes improving cycle of technology deliverables. Person on this position will be working in conjunction with our clients' Technology partners to deploy new software products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. This covers overseeing code release continuous integration/delivery pipeline by defining clear processes and ensure the necessary tooling is created for a smooth delivery of software into PROD and non-PROD environments.
Who we're looking for?
- More than 5 years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development in Java and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Experience with Docker Containers and Kubernetes/Openshift.
- Strong experience in config management with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration.
- Good Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Jira, Agile, Scrum/Kanban, etc.
- Experience in working with TeamCity, uDdeploy, SonarQube for automation, configuration and test management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD)
- Solid team player. Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- 8-10 years of Strong experience in config management with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Knowledge about databases such as SQL - Oracle, NoSQL - Cassandra/Couchbase.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.