Why should you choose to join our team?
- We get to work on diverse products, using various technologies and learning how multiple industries work.
- We give and receive feedback CONSTANTLY to ensure that you, the team, and the client are on the right track.
- We are flexible when it comes to how we organize our work - our goal is to solve problems using suitable tools instead of being attached to a single process.
- We are building products that are growing fast, thus the key elements of our systems are always crafted with a focus on quality and performance to ensure that they remain robust and maintainable.
- We listen to each other, regardless of experience, to ensure that the good ideas are always considered, regardless of where they come from.
- We work on products that twenty thousand users use every day(with over one hundred thousand active each month).
- You will be able to learn by solving real-world problems, some of which can only come with the scale of the product.
- We participate in creating new features from the initial idea, through the technical review and assessment, until shipping it to the production.
- You will be able to cooperate closely with the team and the client, to ensure that what we build has true value for the business.
- We focus not only on coding and tasks, but we want to understand the needs of our client so we can propose the best, business-fitting solution.
- We would like you to bring as much value as possible into our products, so it is in our best interest to make sure that we support your growth every day.
- You will be working alongside two other experienced Android developers, so you can share your thoughts and learn from each other.
Who we are?
We are a team of 14 people within the AppUnite family, working on a product for various industries.
We do our best every day to help our clients with the challenges that they are facing. We feel responsible for what we build and we are not afraid to take ownership. We value quality. We think about the final product, not just the mere lines of code. We believe that individuals and interactions are more important than processes and tools. We aim to shape the way we work rather than accept the status quo.
What we do?
We work on a product that started as a social media platform and expanded to other industries such as fintech or audio conferencing. This variety allows us to solve truly diverse problems, use a broad spectrum of technologies, and touch multiple areas of software development. We have obtained a significant user base, so we need to solve the problems at scale, which proves to be a challenge that drives us every day. Right now we are working on about 17 different applications - 6 iOS apps, 6 Android apps, and 5 Web apps. We want to make all these systems perform well and keep up with their growth, so we need you.
What do we use?
- Retrofit & OkHttp
- Room / Realm / LevelDB
Who we're looking for?
How to make sure that you are a good fit?
- You want to learn every day - the growth mindset is a must.
- You must be eager to take on the challenges.
- You are a team player.
- You are not afraid of telling the team what your opinion is and asking questions.
- You can take care of the app quality.
- You have at least 2 years of commercial experience in building Android apps, preferably with an app published to the Play Store.
How to apply?
Send us your:
- Link to GitHub if you have something that you would like to share with us.
- 3 articles that you've read recently and a short description of why you find them interesting. Also please point out sources where you learn from on a daily basis.
- Short explanation of why you decided to apply to our team and company.
- Remote or on-site work (we are used to remote work, but we enjoy meeting at the office on a regular basis and we go out for dinner each month).
- Big comfortable office in the heart of Poznań.
- Freedom to co-organize any internal or public AppUnite events, like boarding game/poker meetups, afterparty events.
- Possibility to work from our Workation mansion wherever it is located (i.e. Thailand, Portugal).
- Co-financed conferences attendance.
- Brand new MacBook.
- Free group English lessons with native speakers and other members of AppUnite.
- Private Medical Care,
- Private Life Insurance,
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages