- troubleshooting and resolving issues
- modifying operating system configuration
- applying security patches and upgrades
- managing file systems and system resources
- cooperation with other technical and non-technical teams
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
We are looking for Unix administrator to support our customer – automotive company for premium cars. This position is focused on systems for car production lines and SAP. You will be responsible for around 1000 servers including hardware, VIO servers, LPARs and PowerHA clusters. As we form a bigger department with colleagues from Middleware and DB2 sub-teams, we constantly cooperate with them - sharing knowledge and supporting each other during projects or resolution of problems.
Who we're looking for?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience in Linux System Administration.
- Installation and configuration Linux operating systems and servers
- Supporting Linux OS to run various software applications
- Maintain and upgrade the Linux OS
- Developing procedures for Linux security and management
- Updating standard policies according to environment changes and audit results
- Identifying and resolving system issues in a timely manner
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Automation skills utilizing scripting languages, including ksh or bash and either python or perl
- Fluent English
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cinema& trips for IBMers
- Events for IBMers (e.g. Health Week)
- Multisport Card
- Summer Camps for children
- Discounts for IBMers
- Cafeteria System
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking